Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Some timers not working - strange symptoms  (Read 6574 times)

kenisdad

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Some timers not working - strange symptoms
« on: January 31, 2010, 05:54:01 PM »

Here's the situation- any suggestions would be much appreciated- All modules work flawlessly when manually triggered from PC, wireless and hardwired transmitters.

I have 2 timers that kick in the exterior lighting a bit before dusk and turn off shortly after dawn. These lights are controlled by wired-in relay Decora-style switches- since I've been using X10 tech for over 10 years,I've got a wide mix of installed hardware - these switches are either Leviton or Smarthome- probably not X10 brand. These work fine.

The issue is with timers on 2 interior wired-in dimmer switches - they also work fine when triggered via PC, wireless or wired controllers. The timers, which are also set to kick in before dusk and knock off at a defined, early AM time, i.e. 2:15. These units (also probably Leviton or Smarthome) don't respond to the timer (the interface has been repeatedly updated with these changes and the timers have been set for repeat attempts.)

The timer event shows up fine on the log

Tested the timer with a lamp on an LM465 lamp module using the same x10 codes as the timer-unresponsive wired-in dimmers & it works fine with the timer.

Is anyone aware if there are any compability issues with Leviton/Smarthome hardware built into AHP that might explain this failure of the timer (while manual triggering works fine)?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
Re: Some timers not working - strange symptoms
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 05:57:19 PM »

I would say to try the "issue on in place of bright 100%" trick, but others have said that that only works with macros and not timers.

Just for kicks, why not try it and report back.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

kenisdad

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Some timers not working - strange symptoms
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 06:21:18 PM »

Thanx, but already had that option covered -
Just double checked - the offenders are not Smarthome dimmers: they all operate on bottom paddle action. Don't remember if Levitons actuate the same, though.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.