Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Universal module on momentary  (Read 4522 times)

dbemowsk

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
    • PHP Web Scripting
Universal module on momentary
« on: February 08, 2010, 12:19:50 AM »

I have a universal module on my garage door opener that is set for momentary contact.  My issue was that if I would trigger the module on in AHP, there was no setting for the module in AHP for momentary contact, so the module would shut off, but AHP would still see the module as on. 

What I did was simple.  I created a macro for the momentary delay.  In this macro, the trigger is the same H/U code as the universal module on setting with a delay set for 3 seconds immediately followed by an off command for the module.  Now any time I hit the garage door switch, the module comes on, the macro kicks in at the same time and after the 3 second delay sends an off command to the module which it ignores, but AHP acknowledges.

Thought that may be useful to some new Bs.

Dan Bemowski
Dan Bemowski
Owner of PHP Web Scripting LLC
Programmer of RemoteWatch X10
User of any X10 products I can get my hands on.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Universal module on momentary
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 08:31:06 AM »

Thought that may be useful to some ..

That is both useful and helpful Dan! Also... it's good to remember the little yellow postie notes on modules... a great place to jot down a note about what your doing.

I use a lot of announcements (BVC Voice alerts or warnings) in my macros and have found that the "chime Module" can be a great "fake" module to use... that I don't need to later turn off.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.