Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Advanced macros  (Read 6192 times)

dbemowsk

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
    • PHP Web Scripting
Advanced macros
« on: February 09, 2010, 12:49:59 AM »

I have looked over many of the posts on here in regards to macros.  Most if not all of the posts I have seen have been for people trying to get x10 devices to perform specific tasks.  Lets not forget the advanced functions for things like PC Windows commands. 

I have written a set of macros that I use for turning on and off my LCD projector in the basement through the use of the projectors internal web page.  I wrote a couple command line batch files that use CURL to "talk" to the projectors on-board web page to perform the on and off functions. 

There are great possibilities for things that can be done using these advanced functions.  Pretty much anything you can do on a PC can be incorporated into a macro.  This in conjunction with BVC makes the possibilities endless.  Remote control, voice control, web based control,  whatever kind of control you want to have, you can do it.

I hope this inspires some of you to think, create and share your awesome creations.

-:)  >!  -:)
This pep talk was given by Dan Bemowski of PHP Web Scripting, LLC.
Dan Bemowski
Owner of PHP Web Scripting LLC
Programmer of RemoteWatch X10
User of any X10 products I can get my hands on.

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
Re: Advanced macros
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 11:16:57 AM »

dbemowsk: You may have seen that there is a section dedicated to user defined macros here.. User-Designed Working Macros

This would be a good place for you to post some of yours for all to see and use.

>!

dbemowsk

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
    • PHP Web Scripting
Re: Advanced macros
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 01:59:55 PM »

I will do that.

Dan
Dan Bemowski
Owner of PHP Web Scripting LLC
Programmer of RemoteWatch X10
User of any X10 products I can get my hands on.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.