Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Help with x10 setup...  (Read 4923 times)

rb34

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Help with x10 setup...
« on: February 10, 2010, 07:42:54 AM »

OK to start off, here is a complete list of the X10 equipment I currently have:
XCam2 B&W - XC22A
XCam2 Colour - XC18A
XCam2 Colour - XC16A
3Unit + Dim RF Styleswitch - SS13A
USB Digital Video Receiver - VA12A
RF PC Transceiver - CM19A
8 Unit ScanCam Remote - CR12A
Mini Transceiver - TM751
3 Pin Grounded Appliance Module - AM466
SocketRocket Lamp Module - LM15A
2 x EagleEye Motion Detector - MS14A
Video Receiver - VR31A
VCR Commander - UX21A
Learning SuperRemote - UR24A-C
Vanguard Internet Control Software

So, ideally how I would like the system to work is like this:
- View all cameras on the computer screen at the same time.
- When motion is detected, it turns on a light using the SocketRocket, and the camera next to it starts RECORDING to the computer's HD.
- Once motion stops, software stops recording.

I setup the Vanguard Software, which keeps giving me a rundll32 error every time I click it to stop recording. I have 2 cameras set-up as A-1 and A-2, however I only see one camera on the vanguard screen at any point in time. I can't get the motion detectors to sync with the cameras. All the other equipment just came with the package I don't really need to use them as yet. I just want the motion detectors and the cameras to work with the software to do surveillance recording when necessary.

Any help is greatly appreciated... Thanks

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Help with x10 setup...
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 08:27:42 AM »

Do you have the TM751 connected in the setup yet?
The TM751 takes the RF commands from the CM19A Motion Sensors and  CR12A and puts them on the power line. The cameras are switched by power line signals not RF signals.

Since only one camera can be on at a time or interference happens. Vanguard may have to cycle between cameras.

rb34

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 09:16:16 AM »

I did not connect the transceiver. What setting do I need to put it on? A-1 ?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 09:58:09 AM »

Use the House Code the camera power supplies are set to. I believe you where using A.
The Unit Code is set at 1 and can't be changed. It will turn on and off with a RF A1 signal. So it will click on and off when the remotes send an A1 to control camera 1.

rb34

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 10:08:26 AM »

I'm a bit confused here now. So the RF is A-1. What do I need to set the cameras to? And then I need to change the codes for the motion sensors to match the codes on the cameras? And how to i cycle through cameras in Vanguard? I had the cameras on A-1 and A-2, and I only see 1 camera, even after adding a new one with the code A-2

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2010, 12:50:39 PM »

Cameras work in groups of four. All on the same House Code and Unit codes 1-4;5-8;9-12 or 13-16. Turn any of them on the other three go off.
It is a power line signal sent to the addressable power supplies for the cameras.
The CM19A sends and receives X10 RF signals. The TM751 will take the RF signals and resend the same command it received in RF back on the power line to the camera supplies. I would imagine the software will send RF signals to the cameras through the CM19A and the TM751 to switch cameras. The CM19A would also receive the motion sensore triggers. Not sure how Vanguard is triggered by the sensors.

I have no information on exactly how Vanguard works, but I feel others with the software will add more data.

Some added instructions here:
http://www.x10.com/instructions/
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Cameras

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.