Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: PC to TV Entertainment Anywhere  (Read 70656 times)

dbemowsk

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
    • PHP Web Scripting
Re: PC to TV Entertainment Anywhere
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2010, 06:24:15 AM »

The $30 one is the less expensive one.

Dan
Dan Bemowski
Owner of PHP Web Scripting LLC
Programmer of RemoteWatch X10
User of any X10 products I can get my hands on.

mr.foutch

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2010, 01:03:39 PM »

Then again...... It seems like most of the other systems have system requirements that restrict, further, my ability to utilize them. Such as needing a faster processor than I have in my machine here. Or Windowa 7 for an OS. My "Computer Angel", the guy who knows a whole lot more than I, tells me he can install a video card w/an S Video output for about $40. And I can get an S Video to RCA converter from DinoDirect for $5.

Everyone who follows me in this endeavour should know, going in, that they'll probably have to set the channel that their router uses to channel1, or 2, or 11. And know where to find all of the workaround stuff. I'll keep ya posted concerning my progress.

Some of these other "wireless PC to TV" interfaces I've seen advertised (Netgear's Plus 2, et al) are already equipped to pluck an audio and video signal from a USB port. But I can't seem to figure out how to do this.

eagle

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2010, 05:51:53 AM »

How about this?

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11515142&cm_mmc=BCEmail_FebMailer-_-Focus-_-10-_-CablesUnlimited

Connects pc to tv Via Wireless USB to HDMI or VGA; supports both video and audio.

r,
eagle

mr.foutch

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2010, 01:59:25 PM »

WOW! Thanks Eagle. This is exactly the sort of thing I'm looking for. I'm almost overbudget on this project right now (I was trying to be the first one on my block). I sure wish I'd seen this before I spent all that money at X-10. This CostCo set-up costs around $70 more than I've spent. But if it's truly plug and play it would be worth it to me. As it is, I'm going to be buying a new video card and S Video to RCA adapter when I can. My Computer Guru says he'll sell me the video card at his cost and install it for me.
Of course the question remains whether my processor will work with this set-up. I'll keep tou posted.
(Bye the bye, I'm trying to pluck the audio/video from a EMachines T3516 w/an ATI Radeon 2000 video card.

SB1556

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2010, 08:41:02 PM »

I JUST RECEIVED MY AUDIO/VIDEO SENDER TODAY. i EXPECTED IT WOULD PLUG AND PLAY FROM MY PC TO THE TV. I DONOT KNOW WHY I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE THAT EASY. MY PC ONLY HAS RCA INPUT PORTS. I READ SOMEWHERE HERE ABOUT COMPOSITE VIDEO OUTPUT, WHICH MY PC HAS BUT HOW WOULD THIS HOOK UP TO THE RCA END OF THE SENDER?

eagle

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2010, 09:24:02 PM »

Why not try it?

BTW, no need to yell .. re all caps.

r,
eagle

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2010, 10:20:19 PM »

I READ SOMEWHERE HERE ABOUT COMPOSITE VIDEO OUTPUT, WHICH MY PC HAS BUT HOW WOULD THIS HOOK UP TO THE RCA END OF THE SENDER?

If your PC has composite RCA output (like the little yellow video plug used with VCRs and DVD players) that will/should work fine for video. You may need to make changes in your output settings in "control panel". The audio output you'll likely need to grab from your audio out (what is used for PC speakers). The cables needed for that are the mini stereo jack to (2) red and white RCA plugs.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

mr.foutch

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2010, 11:31:33 PM »

I don't know what you mean by a "composite video output", but go to DinoDirect.com to look for all your adapters. And if your video card won't output to a "TV", you're gonna probably need an adapter, too. Don't forget to change the channel your 2.4 Ghz router transmits over to channel 1,2, or 11. Good luck and godspeed.

mr.foutch

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2010, 11:35:11 PM »

Everyone who can afford to spend more than $60 oughta check out the set up offered at the Costco link that Eagle provided.

nybuck

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2010, 11:24:44 AM »

Another option is the "Big Picture" kit I previously posted.  http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=19653.0

It was $19.99.  It comes with a remote mouse kit and the VGA to RCA adapter, as well as the wireless video sender and receiver.  It's the older (and I think better) model.

Here's the link.  I believe it is still available.
http://www.x10.com/promotions/x10_mystery_fun_bags_2.html#tv

Add it to your cart, then click "What's included" in your cart.

>!
>!

mr.foutch

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2010, 10:30:55 PM »

#:) Great! Thanks very much NYBuck. Just what I'm looking for. And less expensive, too! Now I'll check into a refund on this stuff I have. Maybe then I'll have what I want. It's unbelievable that this isn't more well known. Thanks again.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2010, 06:11:48 AM »

Yes navigating the X10 web site can find the samething in a deal cheaper than the regular price on a different page.
I have seen the Icon RF remote for two different prices on the same day in two different areas.

So folks. Do a Thorough Search when buying something.

mr.foutch

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2010, 09:12:32 PM »

:)% :' Great Advice Brian (if you don't mind my assumption). As I mentioned earlier, I couldn't find the ad that to which responded the day after I'd made my order. And when it reappeared the wording was different, though still misleading. And the price was $10.00 less. O.k., maybe I've gone overboard w/the avatars, but they are prety amusing; yes, no?

nybuck

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2010, 10:39:39 AM »

You're all very welcome.   >!

There's nothing I hate more than placing my order and seeing the same item for half the price the next day.   B:(

Just so we're all getting the right thing, it's the TV Lover Mystery Fun Bag and it includes:
 1 Big Picture Kit,  1 Lola Remote,  1 Mouse Remote Kit  $19.99

Quite the deal - get 'em while you can!

>!

Oh, and Mr. Foutch -  :)% You can never have too many smilies!!   ;D
>!

mr.foutch

« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2010, 08:57:27 PM »

>*<  B:( EEHHHH FFFFFFFFFKKKKKKKK My Big Picture kit arrived today, ~8 days in transit after I'd paid for it. Pieces are missing. My video card needs to be able to put out at 640 X 480 resolution (it doesn't). Dammit, I'm getting sick of this #@&*%)!. The enclosed software is on a floppy designed to work w/ Windows 3.x or Windows 95. Who's got a f/$(&@!^ 'n floppy drive anymore. I'm running Windows XP.
Any suggestions are appreciated.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.