Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Trying to get X10 remote and receiver (UR88A, CM21A) working under vista  (Read 13853 times)

swinster

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

Hey all,

I have an X10 remote used with a previous Nvidia graphics card that I would like to utilise to operate some multimedia applications - specifically J River Media Centre 14, but potentially other too. The remote is a UR88A (which looks identical to the UR86E - http://www.x10europe.com/pdf/UR86E.pdf) and the receiver is a CM21A. I'm trying to get this to work under Windows Vista.

Vista appear to recognise the receiver and installs standard drivers, but I can't get the remote to do anything. I have tried some old Nvdia drivers but again these don't appear to do anything.

I have heard of some software called Girder but after looking this up on the net, it appears that the Pro version is needed that comes with X10 plug-in and this cost $110!!!!

Is there anything that can be done?

Cheers.

swinster

If anyone come across the same problem, some one post a like to some driver for me over in the J River Media Centre forum. These seem to do the trick, at least for the basic operations.

ftp://ftp.x10.com/pub/applications/drivers/x10drivers_6432_239.exe

yonu

girder will work find it doesn't require the pro version as the $49 has a x10 remote plug in in it that will work fine I use girder extensively for my home audio/video system other than i can't get the x10 mouseremote i have working fully it works fine give the trial version a shot i think you will be surprised.

Yonu

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.