Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Newbie needs wired and wireless camera advise  (Read 12573 times)

TonyGotaTruck

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Newbie needs wired and wireless camera advise
« on: February 14, 2010, 04:05:55 PM »

Hey Guys,

Great to be here on the forum. I am a retired Alarm Contractor and looking to get back into doing a little work. I am really serious about buying some WIRED & WIRELESS cameras but, I just keep going in circles looking at everything. My main goal is to PAN/TILT and VIEW and cameras I install via the Internet. AGAIN, I want to pan/tilt then and view them from anywhere...Thoughts?

Thanks guys, cant wait to get things going again...

TonyGotaTruck

Re: Newbie needs wired and wireless camera advise
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 06:19:19 PM »

I just ordered the 1 cam wireless kit with Internet. I figured I can learn it again if I dont get started.

I currently have a HAi system in my home using all X10 automation. Just ready to get back out there and install a few camera systems using these products.

Any info is appreciated...

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 06:30:42 PM »

Tony,

Don't jump in with both feet yet.  I don't know what equipment you have specifically purchased, but the x10 gateway for controlling/viewing the cameras leaves much to be desired.

Keep us up to date, and we'll help the best we can.

Here's a hint:  most of us use logmein or real RNC or another remote PC access program to run/view HA systems from remote locales.

Good Luck!
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 07:23:35 PM »

I just ordered the 1 cam wireless kit with Internet.

I think thats the best way to get your feet wet.

I am also retired... but due to recent increases in crime.. mainly home break-ins I have considered offering camera install services. Is that what your thinking of doing?
Home Automation is an always changing technology

TonyGotaTruck

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 12:02:00 PM »

XCam2 Wireless Video Camera Kit pl... VK66A-UX21A

This is what I ordered... Not looking for high end stuff. Actually this first order is so, my wife can view her booth at a Antique Mall. Its only about 50ft from her booth to the front desk which has a computer and Internet. The Pan & Tilt would benefit the owners and they could use the system also.

Next we are taling about installing 2 wired cameras for longer distance through the store and viewing them over the Internet is a huge plus.

If this project goes well (no pressure) I would consider doing a little more for profit. I installed cameras years back but, was never good at it due to the fact I did a little of everything else in security. Just a good time to get back in...

Thanks for the support...

Tony in Alabama

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.