Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Customer Service Issue  (Read 7372 times)

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: Customer Service Issue
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2010, 05:36:17 PM »

Yes the positive half of the waveform was just a small spike. Like it tried to go on and failed.
It is the same part I have seen in old and new LM465s so they didn't go to a different part. Still the BTA10-400C. In both the good ones and bad one from my same order. Maybe many lots have mixed good and bad ones. May take awhile to sort it out. Maybe even a test before shipping. Now that would be a big cramp where you sit.   rofl

Though I would not put it past the Chinese factory using counterfit parts.
The company my Brother works for had a problem with a power FET. Shorted or leaky right on the bulk tape and reel. Called the manufacturer and though the date code was in their format. It was an invalid code. Thoughts where QC Rejects instead of being recycled where moved out the back door of their factory and sold on the Black Market.
Your analysis sure sounds like one of the SCR die in the Triac is not conducting. Since ther is a number of similar complaints it would indicate a bad lot of triacs...doesn't anybody test anything anymore? Seems like the consumer is becoming QC
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 03:55:02 PM by dave w »
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2010, 06:10:41 PM »

I didn't mention that one of the Socket Rockets with a 100 watt light bulb. Went POP about twenty minutes of run time and is now dead. ???
No the bulb is still 100% OK and didn't blow the Socket Rocket.

LT

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2010, 10:17:47 AM »

Update on the status of my exchange. A few phone calls and e-mails and I just received notification that my replacement modules are on the way. It took six weeks and I was never offered an explanation for the delay. I'll update after I try them out. LT

mbkerk

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2010, 10:49:35 AM »

Update on the status of my exchange. A few phone calls and e-mails and I just received notification that my replacement modules are on the way. It took six weeks and I was never offered an explanation for the delay. I'll update after I try them out. LT

Same here... My new module is on the way. Got the shipping information on Friday.

I sure hope the new LM 465 is OK. I am a little nervous about ordering any more of them in the future. Mine was also part of a "package deal". I wonder if I ordered one individually if I would have better luck? You don't suppose X 10 is getting rid of a few bad ones in package deals, do you?

After this experience, and what I have learned in this thread, I would never order one of those "Grab Bag" specials.

Thanks for all of the input here so far!

dave w

• Community Organizer
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2010, 12:46:53 PM »

I didn't mention that one of the Socket Rockets with a 100 watt light bulb. Went POP about twenty minutes of run time and is now dead. ???
No the bulb is still 100% OK and didn't blow the Socket Rocket.
If the bulb is still good and the Socket Rocket didn't blow, do you know what went "POP"?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2010, 02:19:04 PM »

No I have not done an autopsy on it yet. Since it is not screwed to gether it will be a take apart. See what is gone and trash time.
Update:
Couple of minor Soldering Iron burns and it is apart.
It kind of looks like the Tecor L4004L5 Triac may have failed.
Though the two scrunched in PC boards back to back amaze me in not shorting to each other.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 04:08:01 PM by Brian H »

dave w

• Community Organizer
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2010, 08:23:21 PM »

No I have not done an autopsy on it yet. Since it is not screwed to gether it will be a take apart. See what is gone and trash time.
Update:
Couple of minor Soldering Iron burns and it is apart.
It kind of looks like the Tecor L4004L5 Triac may have failed.
Though the two scrunched in PC boards back to back amaze me in not shorting to each other.
I know, ain't the internal construction a hoot? I'd love to watch a Socket Rocket being assembled. Undoubtedly special fixturing is required. Also love to know what their end-of-line quality is. I bet they consider a Socket Rocket yield of 70 or 80%, good!  rofl      It definitely isn't a "Six Sigma" product.
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.