Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Can't find a thread  (Read 4242 times)

birdzeye

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
Can't find a thread
« on: February 22, 2010, 03:49:59 PM »

There was a thread here somewhere that mentioned a usb easycap dongle with 4 video inputs and 1 audio, but I can't find it. Does anyone know where it is?

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Can't find a thread
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 04:17:59 PM »

There was a thread here somewhere that mentioned a usb easycap dongle with 4 video inputs and 1 audio, but I can't find it. Does anyone know where it is?

Is this what you are thinking of:  http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=CL-UVAA-4CH&cat=VCD
Home Automation is an always changing technology

systemdm

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 04:37:28 PM »

This may be it.   If you use the easycap software, you can use all four inputs.  Using  BlueIris, I am only able to use one input(channel 2).

http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=17660.0

birdzeye

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 04:50:06 PM »

This may be it.   If you use the easycap software, you can use all four inputs.  Using  BlueIris, I am only able to use one input(channel 2).

Yes that's the easycap dongle, thanks! But it was on another thread and the guy who posted it talks about how well it works. Is it any good? Great price!

birdzeye

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 04:51:57 PM »

Is this what you are thinking of:  http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=CL-UVAA-4CH&cat=VCD

This looks the same as Easycap....I wonder what the difference is, if any.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2010, 05:37:21 PM »

Yes that's the easycap dongle, thanks! But it was on another thread and the guy who posted it talks about how well it works. Is it any good? Great price!
I have one you have to use the software that comes with it to get the full potential from it.
If I remember it doesn't work with AHP

>!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

systemdm

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2010, 06:08:49 PM »

The software is not very good that comes with it.  The reviews really bash it.    The hardware works as avertised.   Just wish I could use all four inputs with BlueIris.   I really like this software.

dbemowsk

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
    • PHP Web Scripting
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2010, 06:35:48 PM »

I just won an auction for one very similar to this one on ebay.  $9.99 + 6.00 shipping.  I figured for that price it's worth a try.  I'll post a review of the one I am getting once I try it out.

Dan B.
Dan Bemowski
Owner of PHP Web Scripting LLC
Programmer of RemoteWatch X10
User of any X10 products I can get my hands on.

nybuck

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2010, 03:04:39 PM »

I bought one on Ebay straight from China.  They go for $7.50 or so.

They work great, and no problem with Windows XP.  The only thing that's misleading is they are 30 Frames Per Second...  This means to get full motion video, you are limited to one channel at a time.

I just bought a PCI card that's 120 FPS, which allows full motion video on all 4 video inputs at once.  Only catch there is finding a computer I can run it on.  So far not much luck.

>!
>!

dbemowsk

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
    • PHP Web Scripting
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2010, 11:28:06 AM »

The prices on the stuff from China are usually pretty cheap.  The only downfall is that it can take 4 to 6 weeks for delivery.  I have seen bluetooth dongles going for under $3.00 with shipping and everything from China suppliers.  If you are willing to wait that long for delivery it is a screamin deal.

Dan B.
Dan Bemowski
Owner of PHP Web Scripting LLC
Programmer of RemoteWatch X10
User of any X10 products I can get my hands on.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2010, 12:36:36 PM »

The only downfall is that it can take 4 to 6 weeks for delivery.
Ordering from e-bay can take that long as well  :(
I recently ordered from China as well as e-bay (U.S. seller ) same day.
My China order arrive to Canada 1 day quicker! ::) :'
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

paizano1

• Helpful Post Rating: 13
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2010, 01:30:19 PM »

I also have 1 of the usb 4channel ones and it works good, has motion sensing capabilities, it came from geeks.com also, the only draw backs are camera adjustments pertain to all 4 cameras at once, no individual adjustment for each camera, and with the detection of motion it will email you a snapshot of the camera.

I also have one from china that is called  a easycap004, very similar name but is a box about the size of a window/door sensor with 4 video 2 audio and a usb cable to attach to computer, this uses a different software only compatible with this device, each camera independant settings for each camera, motion selection for certain areas of the screen and when motion detected it records video, not snapshot. More features, but demanding for computer system,

Finally went with the 4camera dvr system from Harbor Freight (made in china also), so far has been working great, 4 channel record 60fps, you choose adjustment, i am doing 15fps per camera, full color in day, very sensitive night vision, nice system for the price.  Decided that a demanding system needed to be seperate from computer and also have the features that i needed and this has done that. 

1 last thing and i think this is important, both devices claim to work on vista and they dont and no support or update available. Geeks.com claims vista but incorrect, be careful. Of course not their fault, the package is what claims it not them.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.