Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: use two TM751s on same system?  (Read 4253 times)

cj4331

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
use two TM751s on same system?
« on: February 27, 2009, 10:49:02 PM »

Would it work with two TM751s on the same house code?  I'm wondering about extending the range by putting one in the house and one in the shop.  Course that means at some places the remote will be able to reach both of them.

Another question will these things receive the signals from motion detectors?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: use two TM751s on same system?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2009, 06:11:31 AM »

Would two work on the same House Code. May depend on the exact setup. They are not polite so any X10 signal from any power line controller could be stepped on by another TM751. I have seen some here using two to extend their remote range with success so it can be done with some cautions.

Can a TM751 receive signals from a Motion Sensor. Yes the standard ones are fine. The Security ones will not be transceived.

Features of the X10 Motion Sensors: http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Comparison_of_All_Motion_Sensors

BVD

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2009, 12:32:58 PM »

Would two work on the same House Code. May depend on the exact setup. They are not polite so any X10 signal from any power line controller could be stepped on by another TM751. I have seen some here using two to extend their remote range with success so it can be done with some cautions.

Can a TM751 receive signals from a Motion Sensor. Yes the standard ones are fine. The Security ones will not be transceived.

Again this is a good reason to use RR501's as they have collision detection and avoidance built in. They listen before they transmit.

As long as you are just using RR501's and modules the above answer is correct in reference to the TM751 being able to receive signals from motion detectors. However if you are using AHP software you can use any of the motion sensors.

Till Later,
Bob

cj4331

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2009, 01:26:48 PM »

Bryan answered another question:  the comparison of the different motion sensors.  But this brings up another.  This Dawn/Dusk Detection, how does it work.  I mean the sensor send a single to turn something on when motion is detected.  I hope you can tell it what device to turn on.  I know some can be set to only do this at night (Always or Night Only) but what is the Dawn/Dusk?  Can it turn lights on at Dusk and off at Dawn?  And if so are these the same lights that it tries to turn on when motion is detected--I don't see how that would work--they'd already be on cause it was after dusk? 

cj4331

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2009, 01:55:23 PM »

never mind I found the page on wiki that says it the code 1 up from it.  This is good but like we've noted it means I have to sit down and plan unit numbers and arrange them just so and when I add something new I might have to redo the whole system cause it has slight different requirements.  Still I'm looking for a low priced kit with one of these motion sensors.  Requirement one it turn on some inside lights now timed with the mini timer at dusk to keep me from having to constantly vary the time I turn them on.  Secondly I would like a chime when motion is detected--not alarm--a chime.  I'd like it to chime when motion is detected and I'd like when I'm away for the chime to be accompanied with a light turning on.  I could plug in a module with the same code as the chime for those occasions.  The thought is if someone is in my carport at 2:00am I want to be awakened discretely so I can catch them--but if I'm away I'd like a light to come on in the bedroom so they think someone is home and just got up.  During the day the chime could tell me a neighbor has dropped by.

BVD

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2009, 10:55:05 PM »

cj4331,
Do you have a computer? Have you considered or do you have Active Home Pro? The requirements you set forth in your last messag can all be accomplished with the Active Home Pro, and the add-ins that come with that package. The things you want to do require conditions.
In active home pro you tell it the area in which you live and it calculates when dusk occurs in your area and adjusts automatically. If it is too far off you can adjust the variable that it uses to calculate dusk with but you do not have to keep adjusting it every week.
You can setup timers for the modules and do most anything you want with them. I have one setup to come on at dusk and go off at 11:30 P.M. I have another one for our coffee pot to come on at 6:00A.M. and turn off at 10:30A.M. It is a Bun which keeps the water hot in the tank. If the water cools heaters come on and heat it back up. Why do this for the 19.5 hours we don't need it.
The possibilities of things you can do with this stuff is only limited by your imagination

Till Later,
Bob

leithalweapon

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2010, 10:56:52 AM »

I have 2 TM751's on my system. I use one on each phase of the elecrical system in my house. That way I don't need a phase coupler. All of my remotes are wireless. I used velcro to attach a palm pad remote on my wall to replace a plug in mini controller that would only work with the phase it is plugged into. I did sacrifice the 'all on/all off' feature that the mini controller had. Now I just use an icon remote for that feature.
Now if I could figure out how to disable the solenoid in the TM751 to get rid of the pop noise when I activate channel 1. I don't have any devices plugged into either TM751 so I am hoping that disabling the solenoid will not effect it's ability to receive RF signals. Anybody know how to do this?

hawk1

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2010, 11:38:16 AM »

Try this link.   http://www.idobartana.com/hakb/index.htm   >!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 11:50:27 AM by hawk1 »
koopr@sstelco.com, I don't know what I'm doin but I'm havin fun doin it!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.