Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Need X10 powerline receive and vdc in same module  (Read 26870 times)

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Need X10 powerline receive and vdc in same module
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2010, 06:21:54 PM »

A few points.

As a camera supply it is normally in a group of four Unit Codes 1-4;5-8;9-12 and 13-16 and the same House Code.
So if you are using C1 for the supply. An On to C2;C3 or C4 will automatically turn off the C1 supplies switched voltage.

Also the output of the supplies are not regulated. If my memory is correct. A Ninja XM14A lightly loaded was almost 17 volts.

Only one of the supplies you mentioned that I know about has more current capacity for the Ninja Mount the XM14A.
Some of the cameras didn't have instant on where part of the camera is live all the time and the RF is turned on and off. The older 3 second for picture ones maybe some of the supplies you mentioned. They also had a different connector for the camera power.

Specfications of many X10 units here includuing the XM series supplies.
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Category:Specifications
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 07:16:25 PM by Brian H »

dbemowsk

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
    • PHP Web Scripting
Re: Need X10 powerline receive and vdc in same module
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2010, 08:19:50 PM »

Here is a simple 5 volt regulator schematic that can be easily wired up on a small piece of pre-drilled PC board from rat shack and point to point wired to give you the  regulated 5 volts needed.  It can be built with 4 components (a 5 volt regulator,2 capacitors and a diode).  If you don't feel like soldering this together, you can just wire in something like Dave_x10_L suggested in his previous post with the USB car adapter thing.

Dan B.
Dan Bemowski
Owner of PHP Web Scripting LLC
Programmer of RemoteWatch X10
User of any X10 products I can get my hands on.
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.