Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Dark Cameras  (Read 6200 times)

lurch1706

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Dark Cameras
« on: March 01, 2010, 10:00:41 PM »

Is there a way to adjust the brightness of the cameras?  Even with the room lights on the pick is dark.  Also, is the system supposed to always defualt to the last camera on the system?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Dark Cameras
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 06:03:01 AM »

Could you give us some added details on the system. Like the camera model giving the problem. How many you have and how you are choosing the camera that is On.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 08:27:04 AM »

Also what software are you using for camera control & viewing?
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

lurch1706

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 07:15:53 PM »

I am running them direct to a VR42A receiver and into the VCR threw RCA jack setup.  Then from there to the TV using an RG6 cable.  Cameras are 4 XX20A XCAM 2 B/W and 2 XX16A X CAM2 COLOR.  I have the  Vanguard program on a Windows 7, 64 bit computer.  The picture is the same on direct setup or using the Vanguard.  Also I need to track down the picture interference.  It is probably because I have every electronic device know to man in this house.  I am running a wireless network router and a 2.4 phone.  I get the running lines up the screen.  Everything is working, just need to get this install cleaned up.  I am a first timer.

Tuicemen

• Administrator
  • Helpful Post Rating: 282
  • I don't work for X10, I use it successfuly!
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2010, 07:59:11 PM »

Are all cameras inside?
I found placement was key to getting a bright picture inside.
I don't think X10 cameras were designed for inside use as generally they don't perform well without lots of light, even the low light b&W models
You might want to try another piece of software for viewing your cameras on the PC, Vangard realy is low level.
The lines you are seeing is interference from another wireless device. The channels can be change on the cameras and receiver as well as phones and routers.
You could also mod your cameras to wired versions so you can truly run them direct I doubt that would help the dark issue though.
 >!
Please Read Topic:
General Forum Etiquette
Before you post!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.