Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Remote extenders again....  (Read 4147 times)

bitman

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
Remote extenders again....
« on: April 07, 2010, 09:46:45 AM »

Long live X10! - Because I just like it is all.....

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Remote extenders again....
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 09:54:27 AM »

Does anybody know if one can use a Jensen transmitter with a powermid receiver?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Jensen-DSC-IR100A-Remote-Control-Extender-TV-DVD-Cable_W0QQitemZ120551083442QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item1c11678db2

My Jensen and my Phillips works the same as a PowerMid. Mine seem as if they have the same mechanics.... and only look different.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

bitman

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 10:05:27 AM »

Thanks.

Are you saying that you have seen in your lifetime a jensen (or philips for that matter) successfully drive a powermid receiver?

I ask because I have deployed powermids at our church to control input source selection of AV screens from too far with success, but I am going to need one on stage but fear the pyramid shape won't go over so well with some. I would like to deploy a nice non Egyptian looking dome.   ;D

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 11:53:06 AM »

but I am going to need one on stage but fear the pyramid shape won't go over so well with some
If the Jensen does not work, could you camouflage the Powermid? Maybe put it in a can or box where only the lens top of the Powermid is exposed. Would at least make it look different.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

HA Dave

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 04:19:23 PM »

Are you saying that you have seen in your lifetime a jensen (or philips for that matter) successfully drive a powermid receiver?

YES. Currently... today my BVC controlled USB-UIRT points its IR unit at a Philips sending unit. That sending unit is received by BOTH a Philips receiving unit... AS-WELL-AS a PowerMid unit. The Philips receiver is upstairs and (via my automated chair macro) turns on the TV and Cable Box. My HA PC is in my basement office... so I had to use the UIRT to remote unit... to get whole-house IR control.

The PowerMid receiver controls a old VCR from both a macro... (as well as from an Icon Remote). The setup also includes a VCR commander. It's a little complicated [did I mention I am retired?] Motion sensors will trigger the VCR commander ON [record] as well as stop the recording FIVE minutes later. Five minutes seemed extreme to me... so I constructed a macro that shortens the record time (sending the IR stop via the USB-UIRT/Phillips sender/PowerMid receiver). I can also review the [remote] VCR from my upstairs TV... using the Icon remote.... to rewind and review recorded video.

I use the Jensen brand remote units in my Home Theater. I just went down and checked... and the Jensen unit will send a signal to the PowerMid that it can use to control my VCR. However... I have no way to test the PowerMid [sender] to Jensen or Phillips [receiver]... but I think it should work fine.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 04:31:58 PM by Dave_x10_L »

bitman

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 05:42:43 PM »

Super. Thanks.

I got jumpy and eBayed an ending powermid. but if anyone says anything I know I can get a dome.

HA Dave

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2010, 09:35:48 PM »

... if anyone says anything I know I can get a dome.

Always nice to know that spare parts are as close as that "big box store"... too.

bitman

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2010, 09:37:24 PM »

... if anyone says anything I know I can get a dome.

Always nice to know that spare parts are as close as that "big box store"... too.

We are soooo far away from even a small box store!  rofl

The big box store for me is the locker down at the post office where the boxes from eBay are delivered!
It's about 12" x 12" x 24".
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 09:46:11 PM by bitman »

nybuck

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2010, 09:52:26 PM »

We are soooo far away from even a small box store!  rofl

The big box store for me is the locker down at the post office where the boxes from eBay are delivered!
It's about 12" x 12" x 24".

:D  rofl
>!

HA Dave

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2010, 10:11:46 PM »

I've lived in the city too long. I never think of any kind of store.. as being more than 10 minutes away. And packages [and mail].... are delivered to my door.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.