Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Can I do any programming with SH624 remote control?  (Read 10588 times)

RCaddict

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
    • My Hobby Site
Can I do any programming with SH624 remote control?
« on: March 15, 2010, 03:20:38 PM »

When I set the delay control to MAX in my hand held security remote it applies to both "Away" and "Home" modes. I need a delay for "Away" mode but not for "Home". Is there any way to do this without having to move the slider back and forth all the time? Does SH624 or PS561 support any user programming at all?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2010, 03:23:57 PM by RCaddict »

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: Can I do any programming with SH624 remote control?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 04:00:54 PM »

Does SH624 or PS561 support any user programming at all?
No there is no "programming" other than what you see (i.e Housecode).
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

RCaddict

• My Hobby Site
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 08:19:09 PM »

Hmm...I thought this is DIY stuff...what part is DIY......unpacking and sticking em on doors?    rofl

Anyone got schematics of SH624?

Any DIY project of adding delay to KR10A?       B:(

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 09:17:12 PM »

Any DIY project of adding delay to KR10A?       B:(

So... have you NOT purchased the AHP (with the CM15A) yet?
Home Automation is an always changing technology

RCaddict

• My Hobby Site
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 11:30:21 AM »

I do have CM15A and having fun with macros. But all security macros run from computer and I am nor sure I can trust that complicated setup in case of emergency. Is there a way to run security macros from CM15A?

Also I have not yet figure out how to arm and unarm PS561 through macros. Any help appreciated.

I really like to use timer to arm the system in delay mode so if I forgot to arm the system it arm automatically in delay mode. We all leave home before fix time every week day so I can preset arming time in case I forgot. Can I do this with AHP?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 11:50:31 AM by RCaddict »

HA Dave

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 11:53:37 AM »

I do have CM15A and having fun with macros. But all security macros run from computer and I am nor sure I can trust that complicated setup in case of emergency. Is there a way to run security macros from CM15A?
Also I have not yet figure out how to arm and unarm PS561 through macros. Any help appreciated.

Sure using the OnAlert plug-in... register your remote. Then create a macro that will give you your desired non-delayed "at home armed". The trigger for this can be just about anything(s) [meaning more than one trigger for the same result]. You can then get that armed state you want from one of the light control buttons on the SH624. Or even just time based... so the alarm will [automaticly] arm just before bedtime. The console will still "ding" one loud confirmation ding... so you won't need to put much faith into a PC.

Of course... it does mean running a PC 24/7. I bulked at running a Home Automation PC myself.. so I do understand. But I just couldn't allow myself to give up all the added safety, security, and convenience that a HA PC provides. I use an old rescued from the trash (made for win98) P3 computer... that I upgraded with XP. 
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 09:33:55 PM by Dave_x10_L »

RCaddict

• My Hobby Site
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 08:24:13 PM »

WOW this is so cool.  Now I am happy but why don't they allow security macros and timers to be loaded to CM15A?  May be not enough processing power!
If only X10 have a interface that can do that with web management  -:)

Macro conditions do not show Arm status selection and program interface does not show it correctly either. Is this a program bug?

« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 08:30:30 PM by RCaddict »

HA Dave

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2010, 09:32:56 PM »

WOW this is so cool.  Now I am happy but why don't they allow security macros and timers to be loaded to CM15A?  May be not enough processing power!
If only X10 have a interface that can do that with web management  -:)
Macro conditions do not show Arm status selection and program interface does not show it correctly either. Is this a program bug?

I don't know why security macros can't run from the CM15A... but X10 didn't make that possible. There is a bug or two (that I have only read about) and you apparently found them. Buy "Web Management"... do you mean using a product like logmein to control the HA PC remotely? The version for personal use... is free.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 09:37:37 PM by Dave_x10_L »

RCaddict

• My Hobby Site
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2010, 10:48:31 PM »

No, what I meant is X10 interface with built in web server so I can access it direct like INSTEON SmartLinc.

I can easily build custom contraption using SH624 and three UM506 to operate PS561. Then I can do all arming and unarming with macros that can run from CM15A. But that probably will make PS561 unreliable due to possibility of stray signal unarming PS561. May be that’s why X10 does not include Unarm command in macros.
But I still can do all the arming operations by rigging SH624 with UM506 X 2 .......
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 04:11:08 PM by RCaddict »

RCaddict

• My Hobby Site
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2010, 03:20:13 PM »

OK, I got everything working fine now. Thanks.
I use AHP to remap security remote buttons so I have delay and instant arming without moving the slider and using computer.
I use Logmein (fantastic compare to X10 My home online) to monitor and control the setup and installed USB webcam to monitor security console status as well as my living room via streaming video.   :)

Now I need to find iphone app to control the setup from wherever I am. Any ideas ?

Also is there a way to use Alarm status as a trigger? System only shows armed status no alarm status!

Since I have computer running I can send an email when the alarm is triggered. How can I trigger a macro when alarm is on?

Why DX7000 is in the security device list? When I drag it to my room it does not do anything. I expected it to show current status but nothing.   ???
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 04:24:34 PM by RCaddict »

HA Dave

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2010, 05:44:19 PM »

Now I need to find iphone app to control the setup from wherever I am. Any ideas ?

Check out: http://melloware.com/products/x10commander/  (he is also a member and posts here at the forum) It's his app... that is seen on TV.

Also is there a way to use Alarm status as a trigger? System only shows armed status no alarm status!
Since I have computer running I can send an email when the alarm is triggered. How can I trigger a macro when alarm is on?

I am not sure AHP (even with OnAlert) can trigger a macro on alarm... . I use BVC which can trigger events (macro included) based on an "all lights on". I have my Kate [voice] yell: "intrusion has been detected" when the alarm is triggered. You can do more... but you will want to careful to avoid signal collision's.

RCaddict

• My Hobby Site
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2010, 11:19:49 AM »

Mann....This stuff is addictive......I was at the computer all night yesterday    :)%

Download YAWCAM software to show all my IPcams and WEBcams in one screen and AHP running with Logmein access I am all set  >!

eagle

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2010, 11:33:36 AM »

Hi RCaddict,

Good tip on YawCam.

Do you have it running with x10 cameras?

r,
eagle

RCaddict

• My Hobby Site
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2010, 11:52:09 AM »

I don't have any X10 cameras yet. Are they good? I am waiting for a deal.... :)

But I have bunch of IPcams and Webcams. I can use any of them with YAWCAM and it is free. I think it is single camera software but I can run multiple instances to show several cameras. I don’t know how that would affects video streaming yet.

eagle

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2010, 12:02:00 PM »

The only x10 camera I have is the X20AA night wireless cam.  It's not bad.  Daytime performance is good.  Nightime is not bad if you have enough illumination on the coverage area.

If you want to be able to discern minute details on the video, then this is not the camera for that.  But if you want a cam that provides you video just to see what's going on in the coverage area, then it is pretty good and is relatively inexpensive.

Do a quick search on cameras here.  Some folks have posted image captures from their x10 cams.  Those should give you an idea of the kind of image you can get.

r,
eagle
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.