Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What cameras work with Pan&Tilt kits?  (Read 9978 times)

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: What cameras work with Pan&Tilt kits?
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2011, 12:13:02 PM »

.. I was hoping someone had blueprints for an adaptor between the On-Demand Cam and the Ninja mount.  The camera area where the screw holes are is too small to fit the span on the Ninja mount, so creating new holes on Ninja mount looks to be the only way.  Then there is always Duct tape!  ::)

I wasn't aware that the On-Demand (AKA wired Night Vision Cam) Camera didn't fit the Ninja. You should only need ONE new hole as certainly... one hole should line up. If you drill a hole just slightly smaller than the screw... it should work fine. If you want to be extra sure.. try a drop or dab of glue or caulk on the inside part of the cup shaped mount. That should provide more holding strength for that one screw.

Home Automation is an always changing technology

peg-leg

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2011, 02:04:58 PM »

Dave, I've looked at that same GE camera. Do you have any pics showing the quality?

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2011, 06:37:25 PM »

Dave, I've looked at that same GE camera. Do you have any pics showing the quality?

No... but I sometimes think all CMOS camera units are assembled from the same parts, by the same people, in the same factory(s) [in China]. It is a nice clear picture. The IR gives limited night vision... which I never tested in a controlled area. I live in a city with street and housing lighting... so it really never gets dark. I can easily ID a person at 20 feet (but closer is always better).
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Tommy9

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2011, 06:59:39 AM »

Thanks Dave. When I checked the box again for the screws I noticed only 1 small screw and some other longer ones, should I have gotten two small ones? weird.... Also surprised that tripod mounting is not possible, which is sort of the opposite of how an "on demand" moveable camera was marketed/supposed to work

.. I was hoping someone had blueprints for an adaptor between the On-Demand Cam and the Ninja mount.  The camera area where the screw holes are is too small to fit the span on the Ninja mount, so creating new holes on Ninja mount looks to be the only way.  Then there is always Duct tape!  ::)

I wasn't aware that the On-Demand (AKA wired Night Vision Cam) Camera didn't fit the Ninja. You should only need ONE new hole as certainly... one hole should line up. If you drill a hole just slightly smaller than the screw... it should work fine. If you want to be extra sure.. try a drop or dab of glue or caulk on the inside part of the cup shaped mount. That should provide more holding strength for that one screw.

Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.