Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Icon remote RF and Macros...  (Read 9626 times)

Rambeaudoin

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Icon remote RF and Macros...
« on: March 25, 2010, 12:41:29 PM »

I bought an Iconremote RF thinking you could program macros to send X10 signals AND RF signals to different appliances like TV or cable box etc (thats what X10 support told me prior to purchase),  BUT YOU CAN'T.  That's quite a disappointment to me anyway.  I have doors in front of my TV that must open (controlled by an X10 universal module) so I can watch TV.  I hoped I could do all this with ONE simple macro, but no luck.

Anyway, I think the user manual is very poorly written, it's looks like it was written for people who already know how the remote works.

If anybody figured out a way to get X10 commands AND turn on audio, TV and cable box in ONE macro, please let me know.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Icon remote RF and Macros...
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 01:24:22 PM »

The Icon RF can only send RF signals on 310MHz the one used for X10 commands through a transceiver and 418MHz the frequency the receiver in the PowerMid remote extender uses. I doubt your RF controlled devices use either of those frequencies.
X10 did make one of the AT&T U-verse remotes [FCC database] but it uses 433.92MHz.

If your other devices used IR, the Icon RF could send an RF signal to the PowerMid receiver [RE549 as the receiver and transmitter can be purchased separately] to then send an IR signal to your devices. If the devices use IR the remote could also send IR commands directly to things like the cable box and the RE549 would not be needed unless there was no line of site from the remote to the device.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 01:47:19 PM by Brian H »

Rambeaudoin

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 06:10:38 PM »

What I want to do is quite simple, I want to open doors (controlled by an X10 universal module) then turn on the Tv and other IR devices with the touch of ONE button ( a macro ) with my Icon Remote RF.

Is this possible, any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rambeaudoin

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 07:35:23 PM »

Sorry if I may have read the question incorrectly. Many of the new cable boxes and DVRs use RF to control them so you can do things from other rooms.

I don't use an Icon at present, but feel other with them will pitch in with answers.

Not sure if you found the Icon files in the X10 wiki.
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/IconRemote
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 07:38:15 PM by Brian H »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.