Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Module will not turn on with timer but turns off with same timer  (Read 6391 times)

cajunrc

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Module will not turn on with timer but turns off with same timer
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2010, 01:38:28 PM »

I just switched from another program to AHP and I have a Wall dimmer that will not turn on with timer but turns off with same timer.  I can turn it on from AHP.  The version I have is 3.236

What was the "other program"?

SmartHome

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2010, 03:35:07 PM »

Smarthome what controller?
My guess is the 1132CU with Smarthome Essentials or the Essentials Plus. As HCA and a few others have been fixed for Vista and Windows 7.

Someone has modified the installer and some reported Vista and Windows 7 success.

That said Smarthome has flagged it as Legacy and didn't even fix the date changes for DST. I did the custom Location Table and twice a year picked the DST or Standard table we fudged.

Mine is still in use for easy sending and monitoring X10 signals when I am testing stuff. Not for actual automation chores.

cajunrc

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2010, 08:21:12 AM »

Smarthome what controller?
My guess is the 1132CU with Smarthome Essentials or the Essentials Plus. As HCA and a few others have been fixed for Vista and Windows 7.

Someone has modified the installer and some reported Vista and Windows 7 success.

That said Smarthome has flagged it as Legacy and didn't even fix the date changes for DST. I did the custom Location Table and twice a year picked the DST or Standard table we fudged.

Mine is still in use for easy sending and monitoring X10 signals when I am testing stuff. Not for actual automation chores.
It is the 1132CU.  I think I finally got AHP working by changing the module and adding the macro.  Thanks for all the help.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2010, 11:08:20 AM »

Glad it is now working for you.

Boiler

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2010, 01:26:10 PM »

It is the 1132CU.  I think I finally got AHP working by changing the module and adding the macro.  Thanks for all the help.

Hi cajunrc,

Glad things are making sense again. 

From the above, I'm assuming that you've changed to the LM14a interface within AHP. 

One final note: If you are using a repeater in your system, there is a chance that it will not understand the "extended code" protocol used by the LM14a interface.  I believe this is true of the Smarthome Signalinc line of repeaters.

cajunrc

« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2010, 02:31:22 PM »

Hi cajunrc,

Glad things are making sense again. 

From the above, I'm assuming that you've changed to the LM14a interface within AHP. 

One final note: If you are using a repeater in your system, there is a chance that it will not understand the "extended code" protocol used by the LM14a interface.  I believe this is true of the Smarthome Signalinc line of repeaters.
I did change it to the LM14a in AHP.  Not sure what you mean by repeater, but I am using a rf relay to turn lights on and off with my Harmony remote

Boiler

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2010, 04:56:19 PM »

I did change it to the LM14a in AHP.  Not sure what you mean by repeater, but I am using a rf relay to turn lights on and off with my Harmony remote

For larger installations, an "active repeater" is sometimes required at the breaker panel.  These devices couple the electrical phases and amplify or "repeat" the X10 transmission.  The Smarthome line of "repeaters" (Named Signalinc) use an older form of the X10 protocol and will not understand the LM14a information.

The rf relay that you are using is responding to traditional On/Off/Bright/Dim commands from your Harmony.  No worries here.

Happy Automating,
Boiler
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.