Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: macro won't start  (Read 19323 times)

captainjerky

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: macro won't start
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2010, 01:24:47 PM »

Thanks for the tip, that makes sense...
I woke up this morning and now, magically, the cameras don't execute macros anymore.  I just don't get it.  Last night I installed 2 more DS110 sensors and they appeared in Onalert and the security console.  This morning, the RF signals for 'motion on' weren't triggering macros anymore.  Not sure what's changed, except my outlook on life.  Back to square one, I guess...  Is there any compatibility problem between Onalert, Iwatchout, Smart Macros, and any of the RF or powerline units? Right now I'm down to a single CM-15A with antenna mod, with a spare CM-15A, TM751 and a CM19 sitting on my countertop...
I'm off for another frustrating afternoon of dancing in front of my motion sensors trying to create a success story...

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2010, 06:35:31 PM »

I woke up this morning and now, magically, the cameras don't execute macros anymore.  I just don't get it.  Last night I installed 2 more DS110 sensors and they appeared in Onalert and the security console.  This morning, the RF signals for 'motion on' weren't triggering macros anymore. 

It could be as simple as.....
  • You turned off the computer (or closed AHP) before going to bed.
  • During the night... Vista downloaded 11 security updates... and restarted your PC.

If you can open AHP... and the macros return to action... your computer could have merely restarted after an update. Simply put AHP in start-up so when the computer does that next time.... AHP will return to use.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2010, 06:46:57 PM »

Not sure about Vista, but XP had eight for me today if my memory is correct. I have auto turned off for less surprises. rofl

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2010, 06:53:49 PM »

I have auto turned off for less surprises.

I too turn off the auto-update on my HA PC... as well as.. load AHP, BVC, BlueWatch, and WeatherAloud on start-up. But I could never advise anyone to turn off the auto-update.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2010, 07:46:27 PM »

Microsoft will send out updates when they want to.  I set Saturday AM as the best time for updates, MS sends them out when they want.   Best to keep AHP running 24/7 and shut it down when the "Updates are ready" symbol on the taskbar.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2010, 10:11:09 PM »

Not sure about Vista, but XP had eight for me today if my memory is correct. I have auto turned off for less surprises. rofl

Only 8?  I had those and +1 for Media Player.  When it rains, it pours.  Now I have to go all around the house and approve the installs.

Sigh.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

glacier991

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2010, 02:20:50 PM »

Earlier it was mentioned by the OP that he had solved his problem using a TM751. On that score I'd like to offer my thoughts for consideration by other folks in regards to using 751's generally... For the price, a PAT01 (a slightly larger Pro unit - selling for less then 2x the price of a 751) is a FAR better investment. It "listens" when triggered and before putting a signal on the powerline so as not to step on another X-10 signal - something the 751 does not do - causing occasional operational issues in busy environments.

I cannot say whether the PAT01 has a better reception range than a 751, but it would not surprise me. I keep a 751 around for "testing" purposes, but otherwise got rid of mine in favor of the PAT01.

Hope his helps someone.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 02:51:12 PM by glacier991 »
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.