Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: brand new cm15 doesn't work as advertised  (Read 3185 times)

jimsnorton

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
brand new cm15 doesn't work as advertised
« on: April 05, 2010, 05:20:08 PM »

A little history: I have used x10 devices since the old BSR/SEARS days. The only PC controller that worked as it should was the original box that had 8 on-off switches on it, I don't recall the number. Regardless, the cm11 had its problems but nothing has been as awful as the cm15 POS that X10 is so proud of. I just ordered a new one because I had had it with my old one. Well, no surprise, the new one is just as bad as the one I tossed into the garbage. It (cm15) does not know anything about "DUSK"! Like what time it happens. Oh yea, the household setting is correct for the locale & it knows in the dawn/dusk times but it cannot act on it! So instead of turning on the 2, count 'em 2 lites I have programmed to turn on at DUSK, it turns on every light I have plugged in to my AC line, when it sees fit to do so, not at DUSK, but some other time. I haven't "caught" it yet so I don't know what time it's issuing an "ALL ON" command. So instead of coming home with my two lamps on, all my lights are on, full! I've tried to talk to them up in Seattle but so far I haven't spoken with anyone who knows anything about solving these obvious problems. If fact they don't "admit" to knowing anything! I am so frustrated I wished I still had my original flat box with the 8 switches on it, so I could once again leave my home & feel assured that my lights will act as I have programmed them. That certainly is not the case with the cm15, piece of dung!
All this 4m seems to be good for is allowing an occasional rant. I have found no help... It's too bad all the "smiley face" icons are just that! There isn't one that shows my real feelings...

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: brand new cm15 doesn't work as advertised
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 06:11:28 PM »

What version of AHP did you get?
3.236 is known to be buggy. I beleive time was one of the problems.
Try back tracking to 3.228 as explained in this thread.
http://forums.x10.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=e7jhaevi65t4e5n6fu58f9lrq6&topic=19724.0

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 06:31:14 PM »

......... the cm11 had its problems but nothing has been as awful as the cm15 POS that X10 is so proud of.

Amazing... I wasn't impressed with the CM11A.... yet I wouldn't know how to act without my CM15A. Actually I was so disappointed with the CM11A (ActiveHome).... that I really hesitated at stepping up to Active Home Pro. I think with a little effort here at the forum... you'll learn to be as hooked on the advancements of the CM15A... as most everyone else.

Hang in there.... we're all in this together.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

pconroy

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 09:51:37 PM »

The only PC controller that worked as it should was the original box that had 8 on-off switches on it, I don't recall the number.

CP-290.

I pulled mine out the other day an lo' and behold it still works great!  :)

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 08:46:46 AM »

All this 4m seems to be good for is allowing an occasional rant. I have found no help... It's too bad all the "smiley face" icons are just that! There isn't one that shows my real feelings...
I, like you, have used X10 since 1979 or so, and like you, I dumped the early CM15A  and AHP for an ACT ti110 and Homeseer software. Much more expensive...but bullet proof.

However, since 2007 a lot of forum participants have become staunch belivers and supporters of AHP. Which to me says, at least some some versions of AHP and Cm15A work well.

So tell us what you have done to trouble shoot this. Do you have AHP version 3.236? If so, roll it back. If not, have you looked at your programming for errors? Are you using an All Lights On command anywhere in your AHP programming? Do you have an X10 secuity system in the mix?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 11:30:01 AM by dave w »
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

eagle

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 09:58:38 AM »

Have you read any of the FAQs, sticky threads, and related threads here with respect to AHP?

Have you read any of the FAQs at Jeff Volp's site?

r,
eagle

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.