Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: CM15A transmit RF?  (Read 10867 times)

mckyj57

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
CM15A transmit RF?
« on: March 29, 2010, 02:17:58 PM »

Maybe I am just dense about this, but I cannot figure out what is happening when you activate a module with the CM15A. Does it transmit a power line command (is PLC the abbr. for that?) or an RF command? Can you make it do either or both?

The reason is that I have a separate office building which is on a different electric meter, and it doesn't readily receive commands from the house. I would love to be able to locate the CM15A in another outbuilding I have, which is close to the office, and have it transmit RF commands to a separate wireless transceiver module in my office.

Is there a macro language which you can use to bypass the "wizard"? Something like "transmit RF A5 ON" and "transmit PLC A5 ON"?

(Yes, I know about repeaters, but it isn't convenient to remove power to my 24x7 systems to try this.)

eagle

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Re: CM15A transmit RF?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 02:44:05 PM »

Yes, the macro feature within AHP can do both PLC and RF commands.

You can send either or both.

r,
eagle

mckyj57

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 02:51:36 PM »

Then how do you distinguish which is which? I cannot see how you set which is being sent.

Am I missing some macro language interface? Or do you edit the XML file? Or a control under "advanced function"?

hawk1

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 04:22:10 PM »

RF controls are in the advanced functions in the Smart Macros module.  It's on the right hand side.   ;)
koopr@sstelco.com, I don't know what I'm doin but I'm havin fun doin it!

mckyj57

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 04:47:37 PM »

Yes, I saw the advanced functions. But nothing is explicitly labeled "RF controls". Besides the four options labeled "PC required" I have:

X10 Address Command
Extended Code
Module Control
Appliance Control

When I try them, none display "RF" anywhere in "Use Conditions".

hawk1

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 11:00:04 AM »

I reread your post, I think I know whats going on.  Open up tools on the top menu, then go down to preferences, once that window comes up scroll over to Smart Macros then click on Advanced.  Now go back into your macro designer and look over to the right of the screen.  You should see a drop down box, click on that and you should be able to select RF Commands.   >!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 11:09:12 AM by hawk1 »

mckyj57

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2010, 01:45:13 PM »

I reread your post, I think I know whats going on.  Open up tools on the top menu, then go down to preferences, once that window comes up scroll over to Smart Macros then click on Advanced.  Now go back into your macro designer and look over to the right of the screen.  You should see a drop down box, click on that and you should be able to select RF Commands.   >!
No, I have been running in Advanced all along.

I wonder if I have an old version? I downloaded it from the one X10 sent me when I ordered the interface. But it crashes when I try to go to "Hardware configuration". It is V3.236 dated 9/3/2008.

hawk1

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2010, 03:35:07 PM »

that might be the difference.  I'm running an older version.  I don't know if this will work or not, but you can try to revert back to 3.228.  Either that or maybe someone else that is using that version can step in.  Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Go to http://software.x10.com/pub/applications/activehome/  and look for  ahp_updt_204.exe.  Save that and install it.  Once it is installed, use the update link in AHP to upgrade to 3.228.Go to http://software.x10.com/pub/applications/activehome/  and look for  ahp_updt_204.exe.  Save that and install it.  Once it is installed, use the update link in AHP to upgrade to 3.228.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2010, 04:22:57 PM »

3.236 is the last version released and as mentioned some users have had problems with it.
Reverting back to 3.228 in many cases fixed things.
I tried my AHP 3.228 and did find the RF choices in Smart Macros.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.