Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Who's In Charge Of The Forums  (Read 4899 times)

tom j

• Helpful Post Rating: 16
Who's In Charge Of The Forums
« on: March 31, 2010, 01:46:19 AM »

Hello need to know who supervises the forums, I need to bring something to there attention. Thanks

Tom j.

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
Re: Who's In Charge Of The Forums
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 02:24:40 AM »

For the most part, X10 has left Tuicemen and I in charge of administrative tasks like banning spammers, etc.

Otherwise there are a handful of other users designated Community Organizers that moderate the board and attempt to move posts to appropriate places and such.

What do you need?

>!
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

bitman

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 11:53:22 PM »

I didn't do it what ever it is.  ;D
Long live X10! - Because I just like it is all.....

tom j

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 02:15:28 AM »

For the most part, X10 has left Tuicemen and I in charge of administrative tasks like banning spammers, etc.

Otherwise there are a handful of other users designated Community Organizers that moderate the board and attempt to move posts to appropriate places and such.

What do you need?

>!

Hi sorry for the delay getting back. I did a review on the Monitor Plus my review and two others were moved with broken links. It appears to me they were moved because they were somewhat negative and they left all the positive reviews. I always had the up most respect for X10 for allowing both Positive and Negative posts to be listed. It's definitely doing the customer a disservice if they just allow the positives aspects of products and not the possible negative to be posted. I actually updated my particular post in witch some of the negatives I mentioned I later retracted because of updates and improvements that x10 apparently had made. I'm extremely disappointed and disturbed but hopefully this will be corrected and the reviews put back.

Tom j.

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 11:26:43 AM »

I did a review on the Monitor Plus my review and two others were moved with broken links. It appears to me they were moved because they were somewhat negative and they left all the positive reviews.

Hi Tom,

Can you direct me to the broken link? And the date when you made the posting?

Generally the only time a negative review (or any post for that matter) would get moved is if there were insults, profanity, or any form of comments that violate forum etiquette. A negative review by itself is not a cause for post removal.

I have read pretty much every post you made and I know you are not the disrespectful type. So if you can tell us where the broken link is, the date you made the post and even the title, we can search for it and hopefully return it to its rightful place.

>!

Puck

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 171
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 11:53:10 AM »

Update:

I found your review and this is what happened:

On March 15, 2010 a spammer made a post to your topic. Another member seen this and moved the whole topic to the Threads for Review section. This area is not accessible to regular members so that is why there was a broken link.

The member who did move it there did not have the ability to just separate the spam post from the good thread. On that same day I recovered your topic and moved to back to its original location and only left the spam post for review.

When I did that I should have removed the post with the redirection. So that incorrect redirection is now removed, and you will see that your original topic is still there: Why I Sometimes Find It Hard To Recommend The Protector Plus

>!

tom j

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2010, 07:36:58 PM »

I did a review on the Monitor Plus my review and two others were moved with broken links. It appears to me they were moved because they were somewhat negative and they left all the positive reviews.

Hi Tom,

Can you direct me to the broken link? And the date when you made the posting?

Generally the only time a negative review (or any post for that matter) would get moved is if there were insults, profanity, or any form of comments that violate forum etiquette. A negative review by itself is not a cause for post removal.

I have read pretty much every post you made and I know you are not the disrespectful type. So if you can tell us where the broken link is, the date you made the post and even the title, we can search for it and hopefully return it to its rightful place.

>!

Hi yeah that's what I thought, I actually love x10 stuff and have spent a small fortune on the stuff over the last 15 years. But it appears as though it and the the other three were put back, because I now see ithem again. Mine was "Why I find it sometimes hard to recommend x10 to my friends" but if you look under reviews you should see it further down from it original position. Still says it's been moved though maybe you can take a look and tell me what gives. Thanks Puck!

Tom j.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2010, 09:41:42 PM »

........ but if you look under reviews you should see it further down from it original position. Still says it's been moved though maybe you can take a look and tell me what gives.

Don't they all move do to age and views? I mean... new posts.. new threads everyday... they have to move down the list.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2010, 06:38:22 AM »

It may have been repositioned due to being moved to "Threads For review" and then back to the original forum area. Also as mentioned newer posts will move older therads down the list.

If the broken link, was the moved to Threads For Review. It would be broken for the general membership. That does not have access to that area.

tom j

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2010, 11:40:12 AM »

Update:

I found your review and this is what happened:

On March 15, 2010 a spammer made a post to your topic. Another member seen this and moved the whole topic to the Threads for Review section. This area is not accessible to regular members so that is why there was a broken link.

The member who did move it there did not have the ability to just separate the spam post from the good thread. On that same day I recovered your topic and moved to back to its original location and only left the spam post for review.

When I did that I should have removed the post with the redirection. So that incorrect redirection is now removed, and you will see that your original topic is still there: Why I Sometimes Find It Hard To Recommend The Protector Plus

>!

Partial Quote:

Puck let me first thank you for the kind words, yes I always try to post responsibly and when I do I take my time and thoroughly check for accuracy and fairness. It's just that I spent a lot of time constructing that post and I really wanted to help. After my house was broken into I kind of well... because addicted to these security systems especially seeing that although there was a break in the thefts got absolutely nothing which I pointed out in my post. Once again thanks for taking time to clarify. Also use x10 to protect my car at night got a wall of hidden motion detectors and NO ONE can even get close to it with out my knowledge. Thanks Puck! Wishing everyone a nice Easter!

Tom j.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 11:53:13 AM by tom j »

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.