Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: All lights off command  (Read 2666 times)

paizano1

• Helpful Post Rating: 13
All lights off command
« on: April 02, 2010, 07:29:16 PM »

I have seen a couple posts about the all lights off command, and in the posts i have seen that people have mentioned that this is not a function that is used that often in the USA.  or something to that effect.  Anyway was wondering why that is and also i found an old Magnavox home security system that has a siren, 2 lamp modules, light sensor module, a larger remote about the size of security remote (big), and a small 2-button keychain.  The funny thing is the big remote has a all lights off button. 

Is there a way to make all remotes do this without the added options of BVC or AHP. I do have both, but was just wondering if you can achieve this without them.

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
Re: All lights off command
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 11:27:30 PM »

I have seen a couple posts about the all lights off command, and in the posts i have seen that people have mentioned that this is not a function that is used that often in the USA.  or something to that effect.  Anyway was wondering why that is and also i found an old Magnavox home security system that has a siren, 2 lamp modules, light sensor module, a larger remote about the size of security remote (big), and a small 2-button keychain.  The funny thing is the big remote has a all lights off button. 

Is there a way to make all remotes do this without the added options of BVC or AHP. I do have both, but was just wondering if you can achieve this without them.

It's just sloppy work on the part of X-10 that the All_Lights_Off command is not functional in all their lamp dimmers.

If the Magnavox  remote has both an All_Lights_Off button AND an All_Units_Off button, then it's probably for real.  Otherwise I suspect the button is just a mislabeled All_Units_Off  button.  I note that your list of modules in the kit doesn't include an appliance module, so Magnavox might not have felt the need to distinguish between the two.

The All_Lights_Off functionality has to have been programmed in the lamp module firmware - there's no way to add it via a hardware mod.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

paizano1

• Helpful Post Rating: 13
Re: All lights off command
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 12:54:46 AM »

I had thought that about the label, it is only an all lights off, not all units off also.  I was going to check just haven't got around to it. It is just a kit that i picked up at a garage sale, still in the box never used and with original batteries.  was curious is all.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.