Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ActiveHome Pro timer designer/macro  (Read 6572 times)

tomsteffan

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
ActiveHome Pro timer designer/macro
« on: April 04, 2010, 01:38:36 PM »

I'm new to ActiveHome and have stumbled through most of the setup. I'm now trying to do what I thought would be simple. I have a simple motion detector RSM18 that sets off a chime PHH02 when someone enters the room. I would like to restrict it's use at certain times of the day but haven't been able to create a timer or a macro to do this. Am I missing something simple? Like I said, I'm new to this.
TIA.
Tom

tomsteffan

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: ActiveHome Pro timer designer/macro
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 01:23:39 PM »

To answer my own question, the simple way to do it is to add an appliance module to the chime. Then set a timer for the appliance module to select the time you want it active. The motion detector can't be controlled at all by ActiveHome and only a "start" time can be set for the chime. Of course setting a "start" time for the chime only makes the chime make a sound 1 time, at the "start" time.
Tom

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: ActiveHome Pro timer designer/macro
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 01:50:04 PM »

To answer my own question, the simple way to do it is to add an appliance module to the chime. Tom
Yes, that's one way to do it. A fine job of answering your own question.  :)%

If you want to eliminate the use of the Appliance Module, could you have the motion sensor set on one HCUC and the chime set on a seperate HCUC. Set up a conditional macro so when the motion sensor triggers, the macro will send an ON code to the chime, only if it occurs in the time window you want.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.