Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ** Solved *** Powermids won't pwr up tv but will pwr down?  (Read 11592 times)

bitman

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
** Solved *** Powermids won't pwr up tv but will pwr down?
« on: April 08, 2010, 05:33:40 PM »

I thought I had our church powermids all happy but nuts, they don't seem to want to always power up the tvs (Sharp 65" LCDs) but all other functions such as input switch and power down work great. Seemingly every time.

The TVs can be powered up by putting a remote up to the "transparent" electric eye IR blaster or via the power switch.

I have two receivers on two tvs and one transmitter. Once they are on, manipulating TV functions happen to both tvs at once in concert. But power them down and they are next to impossible to power up via the powermid.

Anyone seen a phenomenon like this?

:Ron
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 11:05:59 PM by bitman »
Long live X10! - Because I just like it is all.....

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Powermids won't pwr up tv but will pwr down?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 07:00:48 PM »

It sounds like an interesting problem. If you have two TVs.... I would guess you also have two remotes. Try using the "other" remote... and maybe with fresh batterys... as well.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 07:10:40 PM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 07:04:29 PM »

I have seen reports of the other direction. On no problem Off a problem. In that case the IR emitters are being washed out by the LCD or Plasma TVs screen emissions.

bitman

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 09:30:52 PM »

I tried both remotes. Same deal.
I have contacted Sharp FWIW.

Anybody who thinks that satan doesn't go to church is so mistaken.  B:(

I guess it could be a distance thing but I so doubt it as we can manipulate the TVs to our hearts content once up.
I will have another xmitter next week that will be within 10' of the TVs to try.

It's not so much the power up that's needed from the sound room but the inter-service input switching that we need and works (I think). But starting them up with those "transparent" eyes on them when the are way up on the wall with a remote is an adventure.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 11:05:34 PM by bitman »

bitman

Re: ** Solved *** Powermids won't pwr up tv but will pwr down?
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 11:10:34 PM »

Well, we found out that if you hold down the power button on the remote for longer than usual both TVs will power up. It must be a distance issue as today I put yet another powermid on stage right by the TVs in question and you can just click them on and off. We did this because the IR blinkers make it hard to use a remote even close to the TV as you have to be more straight on and that's tough given that the TVs are 15 feet up on a wall.

The stage based powermid brings back "local" control, while the sound room enjoys control too.

Funny, I put the powermids up because we were right on the hairy edge of IR reach only to be sorta close to the RF edge!

Oh well, we  seem to have it under control for a while.

:)%
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 11:13:22 PM by bitman »

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2010, 06:08:00 AM »

:)% Glad you found the solution.

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2010, 10:01:28 AM »

The stage based powermid brings back "local" control, while the sound room enjoys control too.
Funny, I put the powermids up because we were right on the hairy edge of IR reach only to be sorta close to the RF edge!

Your using the technology available to its limits to achieve what you need. Good Job!!!
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.