Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Eagle Eye motion sensor not triggering  (Read 36190 times)

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: Eagle Eye motion sensor not triggering
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2011, 07:28:04 PM »

Piggybacking on Tuicemens reply, Also don't mount the MS directly to the metal door.  I can get one to work when it is off the metal door by 1/2 inch with a wood block.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

Mr. Jones

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2011, 09:38:01 AM »

interesting.... Well it's not on the door, it's on a metal poll (address sign), next to the big garage door. I'll try moving it and see what happens. Then I'll try the other suggestions I've read here. Thanks!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 03:10:49 PM by Mr. Jones »

Mr. Jones

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2011, 10:59:14 AM »

Any thoughts about plugging in the TM751 in the garage to help? or don't bother because it's just going to cause some more problems?

Noam

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 51
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2011, 12:04:58 PM »

There are several problems with this:
1) If both the TM751 and the CM15A pick up commands from an RF remote or a motion sensor, it is possible the macro that they trigger may be run twice.
2) The TM751 is "impolite," meaning it does not wait for the line to be clear to transmit. If the CM15A is transmitting a PLC command, and the TM751 gets something at the same time, it could step on the CM15A's transmission, and both signals could get lost.

I suggest trying one of the CM15A antenna modifications first. The "18.5-inch reflector mod" is the simplest, takes almost no time, and does not void the warranty. All you need is a piece of stiff wire (a straightened coat hanger works fine), about 18.5 inches long, and some tape. You simply tape the wire to the CM15A's antenna (no electrical connection is made - the wire "catches" the RF signals, and "bounces" them to the CM15A's antenna).

If that doesn't help, then you might want to look for an RR501 instead of the TM751. It is "polite," and will wait until the line is clear before transmitting.

Mr. Jones

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2011, 12:52:23 PM »

Thanks for sharing your knowledge Noam! I'll move the sensor first then try your suggestion.

Mr. Jones

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2011, 01:39:37 PM »

Okay, I tried moving the motion sensor (MS) and that didn’t work. I brought the MS in the house and it would trigger the camera every time until I put it outside again.  I added an 18 inch coat hanger and bread tied it to the existing antenna that didn’t work. I even found a 20 inch piece of aluminum tube like a curtain rod and slipped that over the top of the antenna and that didn’t work. I did realized something…The place is a trailer home which means the walls are lined with aluminum but my old system worked just fine. So, I think I might have to do that mod. I know it will void the warranty but what do I care, because the business is closing. Is that mod hard to do? Any other thoughts you guys might have?  
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 03:36:06 PM by Mr. Jones »
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.