Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How to arm the security console  (Read 28672 times)

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: How to arm the security console
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2010, 06:26:22 PM »

....... I apologize if I'm asking a newbie question or attempting to progress without having read the manual ........... they represent their system as simple to set up .... but perhaps some of the nuances require you to spend more time with the user's manual

No need to apologize... very few people enjoy reading manuals/directions/instructions. However... I've found the fastest way through an X10 setup.. is to read the instructions twice as part of the unpacking process. Plus I have read a sizable amount of the posts here at the forum as well.

I also often test the setup/parts in my office or garage before installing them elsewhere. I used to have difficulty with meeting those five minutes setups that X10 advertises. Then I realized... sure I may work "at" the install for a large portion of a weekend... but only the last five minutes actually count.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

TerranJerry

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2010, 11:15:37 AM »

Dave_x10_L,

Ha ha - so true.  Well I really appreciate your help.

Thanks for the tips.  Your advice was very helpful and got me going.  I was able to get my DS-10A modules working in the "non-security" mode just fine after I understood the macros a bit better.

One other (perhaps newbie) question I would like to ask if you don't mind.  I haven't invested in a camera yet but I would like to add one so I can see to safely close the garage if someone leaves it open.  I can detect the open state - I just can't see if it's safe to close until I add a camera.  So, I'm planning to do that.

Here's my question related to the camera though.  I see that frequently the "wireless cameras" are sold with a video receiver.  That's fine.  But I already have the CM15A and I would prefer not to buy a separate video receiver if I don't have to.  Do you know if the wireless cameras work with the CM15A without the need for an additional video receiver?

Thanks again,

Jerry
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 11:17:33 AM by TerranJerry »

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2010, 11:34:51 AM »

Do you know if the wireless cameras work with the CM15A without the need for an additional video receiver?

Thanks again,

Jerry
No they do not. The cameras transmits video in the 2.4 gHz band, while the CM15A receives (and can transmit) in the 310mHz area, which is the frequency used for X10 wireless control from motion sensors, Palm Pads, Slim Line switches, etc. You will still need the video receiver. Sorry.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 02:31:26 PM by dave w »
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

TerranJerry

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2010, 11:57:54 AM »

Ok Dave, thanks.

Could you explain to this newb then how the video gets from camera to video receiver to my AHP?  I assume it goes from wireless camera to video receiver but then how does it get to my AHP if all I have is a CM15 ?

Thanks,

Jerry

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2010, 12:41:16 PM »

« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 02:01:48 PM by Brian H »

TerranJerry

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2010, 10:15:00 AM »

So, if I already have a Logitech camera that brings in video via USB, is it possible to use that camera with AHP (and the related plug-ins)?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2010, 01:32:33 PM »

I believe X10s software only works with the VA11/12, but if someone has. I am sure they will share how they did it.
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.