Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Powermid question with extender cable... should it light up?  (Read 11644 times)

cse

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Powermid question with extender cable... should it light up?
« on: April 17, 2010, 11:39:42 AM »

I have a powermid reciever and sender and also purchased the remote extender cable with the LED at the end.   I have it setup where it seems to work fairly well except the extender cable.  When I press a button on the remote, I can see the red light in the tranmitting powermid and in the recieving powermid.  However, I do not see the small LED light up and the end of the extender cable on the recieving powermid.  Should It?  At this point i would think its back to IR so i should see it lightup.
I purchased 2 cables thinking I could plug in 2 (there is only one plug connector).. 
Anyway, I tried both cables but neither light up.

Does anyone have a similar extender cable?  Should it light up?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: Powermid question with extender cable... should it light up?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 11:43:38 AM »

The IR output is not visible.
No you will not see it light up.

If I read correctly the Red LED on the Receiver also doesn't light when the extender is connected. Is this correct?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 12:58:00 PM by Brian H »

nybuck

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
Re: Powermid question with extender cable... should it light up?
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 12:55:09 PM »

If you aim a video camera at it, you will see the glow when it is transmitting, as a CMOS sensor does sense IR light.

Some of the extension LED units like the VCR Commander or the wireless video sender have multiple IR LED's on them - (4 and 2 respectfully) although I don't know if they work with the Powermid.
>!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.