Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Can AM466 be triggered by PS561 during an alarm?  (Read 9816 times)

everydayflyer

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
Can AM466 be triggered by PS561 during an alarm?
« on: April 22, 2010, 03:29:37 PM »

I have
PS561 Console
SH624 Remote
A bunch of KR10A Keyfobs
Many AM466
Many DS10A
1 LM15A

Great news is that I have it all working however I am still confused on one major point.

Can the AM466 somehow be used so they will trigger on with the Alarm Signal?
I know mine will click on momentarily when System is first armed but that is is.
They do work fine using the SH624 Remote just no action from them during an alarm.

The LM15A Socket rocket works great both as a Remote SH624 controlled light controller  and with the System Alarm but not the Appliances Modules AM466. 

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Can AM466 be triggered by PS561 during an alarm?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 04:27:14 PM »

........... The LM15A Socket rocket works great both as a Remote SH624 controlled light controller  and with the System Alarm but not the Appliances Modules AM466. 

Appliance Modules don't flash.

I like (and use) the Appliance Modules myself.... as I am not a big user of the dim feature (although I do use that also). The flash mode also works on (at least some) light switches. Also the floodlights will flash with the PS561 Security Console... and if set correctly.. will flash once when the system is armed.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 04:39:36 PM »

I checked my signal print outs for the Panic Mode from the security console. This was a few years ago model and I don't know if X10 has changed things.

It sends an On then an Off to the Security address. That is what toggles your appliance module on then off again. If it is set to the Security Lights Code.

Then it starts sending a sequence of All Lights On, All Units Off.
Appliance modules do not respond to an All Lights On and if it was On the first All Units Off will turn it Off.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 07:31:28 PM by Brian H »

HA Dave

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 05:20:53 PM »

.... It sends an On then an Off to the Security address. That is what toggles your appliance module on then off again.

Then it starts sending a sequence of All Lights On, All Units Off......

I knew it would turn an appliance module (on the security code) off.... but I was unaware that it would toggle first. That is useful info Brian H. Wouldn't that also mean that a Universal Module would also be flashed or toggled?

everydayflyer

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 05:36:12 PM »

Also the floodlights will flash with the PS561 Security Console

Those being the X-10 Flood lights?

HA Dave

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2010, 05:47:53 PM »

Those being the X-10 Flood lights?

Yes.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2010, 06:36:27 PM »

I would guess any X10 module on the House Code and Unit code would go on then off.
Lights would flash from the All Lights On and All Units Off. Well except the earlier soft start lamp modules. I believe they acted strange ramping up and down.
 -:) Gee I see another test of an early soft start lamp module in the works.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2010, 07:29:16 PM »

OK LM465 Soft Start Lamp Modules. With the signals sent from a UR19A that are also what the Security Console sends out.
Date Code: 08A01:
Ramps up and down with On and Off Commands
Ramps up and down with All Lights On and All Units Off commands.

Date Code: 09J44
Ramps up and down on the first set of On and Off Commands. Then starts instant on and off actions. Not sure of how close the cycle has to be.
Instant On and Off action with All Lights On and All Units Off command.

I don't know about the soft start wall switches but it maybe safe, to think they may act differently depending on their age.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 07:33:16 PM by Brian H »

everydayflyer

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2010, 10:20:04 AM »

I would guess any X10 module on the House Code and Unit code would go on then off.
Lights would flash from the All Lights On and All Units Off.

I thought that all X-10 modules worked like this also however the Appliance Module AM466 wil only come one for a second the goes off and stays off.

I guess this is a sfaety feacture so that coffe pot,space heater and such do not get turned on during an alarm trip and become a possible fire hazard.

I have 6ea. AM466 units which I will be fiinding other useages for.  I plan on moding a couple to be used as main power controllers for out buildings so when I forget to turns of the lights or a thunder storm causes the motion security lights to keep tripping ( not X-10 ones) I can kill the power from inside the house. My garage and out buildings are on a sperate power panel from the house.

Charles

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2010, 01:30:40 PM »

That is correct. Appliance modules do not respond to an All Lights On command the Security Console sends during an alarm. Only Lamp Modules and Wall Switches will flash on and off along with triggering PowerHorn Sirens.
Would not want to turn on your coffee pot when the alarm sounds.  :'
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 02:03:07 PM by Brian H »

everydayflyer

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2010, 09:52:29 PM »

This Forum Security
General
What products are right for you?

It would be nice if there was a Sticky Post which listed all of the components that actually worked together.

Using myself as an example I thought the Appliance Modules and the Lamp Modules were the same except for their current capacity and one being 2 prong and the other 3 prong. 

The Socket Rockets seem  very universal . I know they work with the PS561 Consol and the TM751 Mini Transceiver which also work with the Eagle Eye MS 14A and the HR 12A Palm Pad remote.

I was considering  swapping some electrical circuits around so that X-10 would be on the phase I really need for the Alarm section and then put lighting on the other phase but decided to try the $1 capacity Phase Coupling trick and low and behold it works like a charm.

\Questions.

Will two  TM751 play together or Will they step on each other?
If there any problem with have multi Socket Rockets,applance modules etc. on the same Code?

I have three Eagle Eyes on the same code as one TM751 and one appliance module and they seem to be getting along well. 

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2010, 06:21:45 AM »

The TM751 is not polite and could step on each other if they are on the same House Code. This does not happen in all setups as there maybe distances between them. Where only one may receive the RF signal or power line signals do not cross paths. Using different House Codes for them and setting the module they control would also work. As each only responds to one house code.

You can have more than one module on the same address [House and Unit Code]. They will all go on and off with the same X10 signal in a group.
Appliance modules on the same address as Lamp Modules also should work. Only thing maybe a soft start lamp modules definition in AHP may send a bright comand that the appliance module my ignore.

everydayflyer

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2010, 08:27:05 AM »

Thank you for clearing up a couple of points.
Just yesterday I learned that the Eagle Eye Outdoor Motion Sensors have to be reprogramed any time power is removed and reapplied if they are not on the default A1 code.

I added that info to my Helpful Hints post

http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=20257.msg114193#msg114193 

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2010, 09:51:29 AM »

Also some may not take the Dusk and Dawn sensor part of the motion sensor in to account. When picking addresses.
Like motion on default A1 sends an On at dusk and an Off at dawn on A2.

HA Dave

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2010, 01:01:49 PM »

Also some may not take the Dusk and Dawn sensor part of the motion sensor in to account. When picking addresses.
Like motion on default A1 sends an On at dusk and an Off at dawn on A2.

I use one floodlight (PR511) as a dusk/dawn sensor... and build any/all macro's that use dusk/dawn around that. Then I disable the dusk/dawn sensors in the EagleEye Motion Sensors (MS14A) with black electrical tape.
Pages: [1] 2

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.