Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Newbie:- CM15, LW10 & 3.267  (Read 6417 times)

aba

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Newbie:- CM15, LW10 & 3.267
« on: April 24, 2010, 08:54:33 AM »

Guys,

I've searched and have read a few bits but am stuck.

I've just purchased a CM15.  I've installed AHP 3.267 http://www.activehomepro.eu/ and am simply trying to switch a LW10 on and off.  When I click the switch icon in the software, it turns on when I click it to off, the light doesn't go out.

Housecode is J, LW10 is J6

I'm really confused!?! What have I missed?

edit:  Incidentally, I have a min controller also plugged in (that I plan to ditch once the CM15 is working) that switches fine and has done for about 9yrs.

Thanks in advance
Stace  :)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 03:05:32 PM by stace »

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
Re: Newbie:- CM15, LW10 & 3.267
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 03:33:20 PM »

Since these forums are run by X10USA, we can't support European X10.  Check out the sites that X10 Europe has. 
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 04:50:31 PM »

We have many European X10 users that frequent our forums and are always welcome here.
I am sure others will chime in.
Though our modules may not be the same. Many of the problems are not unique to a certain location.

In your tests. Was the CM15A and old mini controller. Tried in the same location?
The light being controlled is a standard incandescent type bulb?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 06:07:49 PM by Brian H »

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2010, 01:36:55 AM »

Since these forums are run by X10USA, we can't support European X10.  Check out the sites that X10 Europe has. 

"We"?  Do you work for X10 now?   ???

If you actually have the authority to pronounce that this forum isn't allowed to help European or other non-USA X10 users, please send me an official email.

Otherwise, as I have asked you before, stop telling people who this forum is "allowed" to support!   >*<

B:(
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 01:46:54 AM by -Bill- (of wgjohns.com) »
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

aussie mate

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2010, 02:17:08 AM »

As a long time reader & contributor to these forums who lives outside of the USA, I find the information in them valuable, useful and often relevant.
To say that the forum cant support or help non USA x10 users is simply not true.

Yes there are some differences in some of the H/W units however from what I have been able to tell there is very little difference in the actual software except the Eu version has fixed many of the bugs.

Also the fact that the European version of software is still being upgraded shows that at least x10 in Europe (Marmitek) still care about improving the product.
This is better than what x10 in the USA are doing (as we often see complained about on these forums).
You never know .. one day this may end up helping you guys in the USA...

aba

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2010, 04:41:49 AM »

Guys,

I'll ignore the troll  B:(  You guys have always been helpful  >!

My question was more around functionality of the AHP software.  I'm assuming I've missed something or a checkbox?  The light switch is fine I believe.

It was my son's birthday this weekend so didn't get a chance to check out the tests Brian suggested, will do tonight.

Thanks

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2010, 06:12:46 AM »

Yes we have not gotten an AHP update here for a real long time.  ???
So if by chance the new version, you have, has a bug. We may not know about it but others using it may.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2010, 08:45:41 AM »

I've installed AHP 3.267 http://www.activehomepro.eu/ and am simply trying to switch a LW10 on and off.  When I click the switch icon in the software, it turns on when I click it to off, the light doesn't go out.

I'm really confused!?! What have I missed?

1. Is the light a CFL, or incandescent?
2. Using AHP, can you dim the light to OFF?
3. This is a two wire switch, did you try swapping the Line and Load wires?
The idea is; the signal level is very marginal to begin with. When incandescent light comes on, its internal resistance goes up slightly but just enough to prevent the weak X10 signal from getting to switch. Switching the line and load might help but the real cure (if this turns out to be your problem) is a amplifier/repeater.
http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=18625.0
Or this Uncle Phil article, starting near bottom at "figure 9".
http://www.hometoys.com/htinews/apr97/articles/kingery/kingery2.htm
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 02:30:50 PM by dave w »
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

AZDoug

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2010, 12:29:56 PM »

Also the fact that the European version of software is still being upgraded shows that at least x10 in Europe (Marmitek) still care about improving the product.
This is better than what x10 in the USA are doing (as we often see complained about on these forums).
You never know .. one day this may end up helping you guys in the USA...

I've been using the Eu version of AHP since since I recovered from the disaster inflicted by the currently available versions of  U.S. AHP.  I've had no problems picking equivalent modules from the list of European items contained in the program to work with my U.S. X10 modules.  And, I haven't had any problems I might attribute to a SW bug, unlike the stream of bugs I ran into using the U.S. version.  My use is relatively simple with less than a dozen modules and only recently a SmartMacro.  This version isn't an option for advanced users, since only the SmartMacro option is available with it (as far as I can tell). 

There have been 3 versions available on the Marmitek and BMB sites since I started using it early this year, and as far as I can tell, there's nothing that jumps out as new features.  I'll take my chances any time with software that is still being maintained rather than one that is about a year and a half old and never had the reputation for being "the pinacle of quality".

Another nice feature is that it does not seem to use DST and I no longer feel paranoid about having to save the .AHX file for fear that AHP SW will trash it. 

AZDoug

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2010, 03:02:02 PM »

This version isn't an option for advanced users, since only the Smart Macro option is available with it (as far as I can tell). 
Oops, Besides Smart Macros the Europe version of AHP also includes OnAlert.  I don't believe a registration code is required to use either option; I installed the BMB version in a fresh Vista 32 install and didn't enter a registration code.  I believe I remember reading that other plugins available for the U.S. version will not work with the BMB or Marmitek version. 

aba

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2010, 02:51:38 PM »

Gents,

Thankyou for your help.

I tried the CM15 in a different plug socket and it all worked first time!

I don't understand why it wouldn't work in the first room? Although it was plugged into a double socket that also had a powerline ethernet bridge plugged in.  Would that make a difference?

Thanks Again  >!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2010, 02:53:55 PM »

The bridge may have been absorbing X10 signals or its power line signals may have been effecting the CM15.

aba

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2010, 03:00:52 PM »

Thankyou

Its a shame the CM15 doesn't have a small light on it so you can at least see its on!!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.