Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: WS467 not working from a controller or remote, but works locally  (Read 3546 times)

Jason B

• Helpful Post Rating: 1

I'm putting WS467's all through my house. 2 of them won't work from my IR543. When I hit ALL LIGHTS ON, all turn on except 2. I don't get it. They work locally when you touch turn the switch on yourself, but that's it.

I even swapped out one that works from the controller, to see if if was a bad switch, but it's not bad. My house was built in 2005, any ideas?

UPDATE: I MOVEED the IR543 to another outlet, then they all will work. BUT, I can't move the IR543 permanently. What is causing this and how do I fix it?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 09:13:51 PM by Jason B »

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: WS467 not working from a controller or remote, but works locally
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 06:29:30 AM »

Power Line Noise.
Signal Suckers.
Phase Coupling.
Any of the above could be the problem.
Jeff's Troubleshooting Tutorials gives lots of data on what they are and common ways to cure them.
http://jvde.us/x10_troubleshooting.htm
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 06:48:58 AM by Brian H »

Jason B

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 12:35:03 PM »

Thanks for reply in my other post as well. I'm pasting my reply here as well.

After messing around for 2 hours, I found the problem. In my computer room I have a APC backup w/built in surge protector that has about 6 things plugged into it.

I unplugged them all, and the one causing this was my 24" computer monitor. If I unplug that, the IR543 works from any outlet and can control everything. As soon as I plug the 24" monitor back into the APC backup/surge protector, then only some items work.

Looks like a need a fitler. Is it ok to plug the monitor into the fitler, then the filter into an outlet in the APC?

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 09:06:12 PM »

Should work.  I have my entire Computer desk (PC, Monitor, cable modem, router, and 2 printers) all plugged into filter with zero problems.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.