Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ARMED indicator  (Read 11192 times)

johncjr

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
ARMED indicator
« on: February 21, 2010, 11:45:29 PM »

We are using the X10 Wireless Security Systemin our facility.  Most of our employees do not have a Key Fab to disarm the alarm system.

I would like to have some small indicator outside that shows when the alarm is armed.  We would educate only the people that need to know about the indicator.

Is there such a module or someone that has found a way to do this?

John

everydayflyer

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
Re: ARMED indicator
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 05:48:09 PM »

Another LED could be placed in parallel to the armed indicator one and hardwired to a visiable location. Yellow ones are much brighter and easier for most to see especially in bright sunlight.

A remote RF linked one would be really nice . Someone with more electronic knowledge than me could design  a simple one. A light activated one could sense the Red armed LED and not require the case to even be opened. 

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 06:20:11 PM »

I have read a "How to monitor the status of a device using its status light" and "How to measure the usage of a gas water heater". It makes me wonder if an "eye" sensor couldn't be used to detect the status [light] of the security console. The sensor RF signal could then be received by the DS7000 and used to control a lamp module, SocketRocket, or some such device that can be spotted outside.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

johncjr

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 11:51:12 AM »

-:)  Some really good ideas and a direction to head.  I like the idea of using the photo sensor and maybe remotely turning on the led by the door.  ;D

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 12:48:56 PM »

Some really good ideas and a direction to head.  I like the idea of using the photo sensor and maybe remotely turning on the led by the door. 

I like the idea of using the MS14A's photo (dusk/dawn) sensor too.

I've never done this mod myself. Generally... I find the dusk/dawn part of the sensor... a nuisance. So I open up the MS14As... and using black electrical tape.. I cover the photo sensor. Sorta the reverse of this mod.

This could be fun to try!

Home Automation is an always changing technology

Alan V

• Helpful Post Rating: 8
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2010, 07:42:41 PM »

Here's a circuit that I cobbled up and entered in Design News magazine.  The link to the build instructions are on the site below:

http://www.designnews.com/article/13949-Gadget_Freak_Case_115_Remote_Telephone_Indicator_Lights_up_Ringing_Cubicle.php?q=ringing+cubicle

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2010, 09:09:53 PM »

Years ago, when I used to run my grandfather's pre-cast concrete plant, I hooked a powerflash to the ringer bell of an Ohio Bell telephone.  We could never hear the phone ring at the plant when the machinery was running, but the flashing light would tell us to run to the office.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.