Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Advanced Functions - X-10 Address Command  (Read 5675 times)

glacier991

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
Advanced Functions - X-10 Address Command
« on: May 03, 2010, 03:36:38 AM »

Maybe I just missed it, but as I am adding to my X-1o knowledge base, this one didn't appear anywhere and i could not figure it out....

I mean issuing an address alone in X-10 does nothing. The menu item says issuing X-10 address command.... but it issues NO command, just an adddress. What gives here?

SO, what gives? Thanks to Bill Johns of Bills Voice Command...I finally get it, and want to share it with you.

Say you want a macro to turn off 4 lights....A4, A6, A7 and A10 just to invent some.

You can set a macro to issue an A4 OFF, then an A6 OFF, then an A7 OFF and finally an A10 OFF.

Or... using the "Issue an X-10 address command" function, you could issue an A4 address, an A6 address, an A7 address and THEN, when you issue the A10 OFF command, all the preceding address will turn off at the same time !

That's it.

Same house code is the restriction though. Cannot mix house codes in this one.

Hope this might be useful for you.

JMac

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
Re: Advanced Functions - X-10 Address Command
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 08:35:23 AM »

Thanks for this.  I'll have to check it out, but seems self-explanatory, for sure.  Could have saved some time on macro construction for some of my more complex ones.  I have to admit - never looked at the X10 Address Command.   #:)

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.