Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Pan and Tilt Base  (Read 21372 times)

birdzeye

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
Re: Pan and Tilt Base
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2010, 01:23:25 PM »

Let me see if I understand. So you apparently have several groups of cameras... and you have a way of viewing whichever camera is ON... but with several groups... it can be unruly to get the wrong groups of cameras off... and the correct camera ON. This would also be really difficult if your trying to have motion sensors switch cameras.

If you have 16 cameras.... you could write 16 Redirected Commands . So pressing [say] A1 on... would trigger a macro... that would send the all units off and then send B1 On (see image below). This could be useful for sensor switching... as well as manual scanning.

steven r fully describes the Redirected Command here:  http://forums.x10.com/index.php?topic=13873.msg76913#msg76913

The new redirected commands would not effect normal useage. So if you currently have your most used cameras on [say] B1-4... you could still scan through the B1-B4 cameras with a ScanPad set to "B". If you have a certain camera (like the front door camera) that you like on.. by default. You can create a timer or two that sends the redirect command to that camera a couple times a day. I use a dusk/dawn sensor to reset a condition to its default.

Yes thanks for the useful info!

From the example macro you posted do I understand correctly that A1 in this example is a "dummy" module for B1, and "all units off" corresponds to just the B house code or is it turning off everything?

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2010, 01:28:55 PM »

X10s All Units Off command is House Code related. Like BAllUnits Off. Turns off all units on HC B

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2010, 02:16:52 PM »

.. From the example macro you posted do I understand correctly that A1 in this example is a "dummy" module for B1, and "all units off" corresponds to just the B house code or is it turning off everything?

Yep. A1 is a dummy which just serves as a redirected trigger. The "all units off" would precede all camera redirects as the next camera selected (or motion triggered) could be in another group-of-four. So if the next camera turned on is Camera B7 the macro would be trigger A7 on all units off, delay, B7 On.

Of course.... OFF macros may also need to be constructed.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

birdzeye

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2010, 02:25:12 PM »

I tried it and my "all units off" won't work. 

Addendum: I have to put a delay between an RF all units off and a power line all units off (at least I think it's power line) in order for it to work.

I've also noticed that the if you reset the delay to 1 second, it still is showing up as adding the default 5 minute delay to the total time of the macro, down at the bottom. You have to move the delay position around and then back to where you want it in order for the correct number of seconds to set properly.

I'm glad I found out about this redirection thing. My system is working better now. Just one more question, should I set my motion sensors to their real house code or set them to the dummy redirection house code?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 03:42:38 PM by birdzeye »

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2010, 05:31:15 PM »

Addendum: I have to put a delay between an RF all units off and a power line all units off (at least I think it's power line) in order for it to work.

Interesting. Does that mean your phases aren't coupled? Are you also running a TM751 or something?

Just one more question, should I set my motion sensors to their real house code or set them to the dummy redirection house code?

It shouldn't matter. Whichever works best for you and your setup. 
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2010, 06:15:12 PM »

You may have a problem with All Units Off. I tried my Ninja Test Unit and if did not turn off with an All Units Off was sent. Same for All Lights Off. Ninja kept following the remotes commands as the supply did not turn off. Now mine is a few years old and we know X10 has been updating things. So it your Ninjas do go off with an All Units off all the better. ;D
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 06:28:13 PM by Brian H »

birdzeye

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2010, 12:51:42 PM »

You may have a problem with All Units Off. I tried my Ninja Test Unit and if did not turn off with an All Units Off was sent. Same for All Lights Off. Ninja kept following the remotes commands as the supply did not turn off. Now mine is a few years old and we know X10 has been updating things. So it your Ninjas do go off with an All Units off all the better. ;D

Hmmm.....sometimes things work, and sometimes they don't with x10! My "all units off" is not working for some of my x10 cameras without Ninjas. And I tried putting all Ninjas in one set of a group of 4 as you suggested previously and sometimes that doesn't work either -- i.e. to turn one on is supposed to automatically turn the others in the group off, but it doesn't always do that.

Interesting. Does that mean your phases aren't coupled? Are you also running a TM751 or something?

Just one more question, should I set my motion sensors to their real house code or set them to the dummy redirection house code?

It shouldn't matter. Whichever works best for you and your setup. 

I have 2 phases, not coupled, and I use tm751 and rr501's to bridge them and also because my cm15a has poor signal range, especially for rf control.

About the sensors, if I leave them on the "real" house code (not the redirected one) then they won't trigger the redirection macros and aren't going to work well unless I make yet another set of macros to deal with that. It's cold out here today and I'm not looking forward to changing all my sensor house codes---is there a way to make them trigger the redirection macro without it producing a loopback effect?
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.