Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: USB Interface - disconnects due to Firefox??  (Read 6308 times)

Rocket J Squirrel

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
Re: USB Interface - disconnects due to Firefox??
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2010, 07:45:10 PM »

The Firefox Add-ons I have loaded (wonder if I can get rid of a few?!) are:
    Java Console  (several)
You can uninstall all but the latest version of Java Console. It's odd... I have 2 computers running the same version of Firefox, and one of them accumulated 6 or 7 Java Consoles, while the other computer had only one.

PS, like other responders, I've never had a problem with AHP or CM15A due to Firefox.

Barry_IA

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2010, 11:51:33 AM »

No, it's the standard install-on-one-computer version of Firefox (v.3.6.3).

Barry_IA

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2010, 11:57:19 AM »

The Firefox Add-ons I have loaded (wonder if I can get rid of a few?!) are:
    Java Console  (several)
You can uninstall all but the latest version of Java Console. It's odd... I have 2 computers running the same version of Firefox, and one of them accumulated 6 or 7 Java Consoles, while the other computer had only one.

PS, like other responders, I've never had a problem with AHP or CM15A due to Firefox.

Thanks Bob W.: Will uninstall the old Java Consoles.  Which reminds me of something: every so often (almost every  time last night; none today) Firefox wants me to update Java but when I do one the FX reboot it reports the version is incompatible and will be uninstalled.  Various anti-viral utilities report no problem.

Stay tuned for the next exciting episode! <g>

Rocket J Squirrel

• Helpful Post Rating: 2
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2010, 01:05:07 PM »

every so often (almost every  time last night; none today) Firefox wants me to update Java but when I do one the FX reboot it reports the version is incompatible and will be uninstalled.  Various anti-viral utilities report no problem.

I had this, too, and I think it was because the older Java Consoles didn't get properly uninstalled. Since I've pruned to one instance of the console, Firefox hasn't complained about it.

Barry_IA

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2010, 10:19:41 AM »

every so often (almost every  time last night; none today) Firefox wants me to update Java but when I do one the FX reboot it reports the version is incompatible and will be uninstalled.  Various anti-viral utilities report no problem.

I had this, too, and I think it was because the older Java Consoles didn't get properly uninstalled. Since I've pruned to one instance of the console, Firefox hasn't complained about it.

Hi Bob!

That makes sense.  I manually removed the old ones and no problems.  Did notice there were 'skips' in the numeric sequence, so incomplete removal of older versions makes sense.

Will have to keep an eye on this in the future.  Thanks for the tip!

Barry_IA

« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2010, 10:29:52 AM »

Brian H suggested "going through a hub and not directly to a USB computer port".  I understand what he is suggesting but it used to work properly -- in fact I think the USB Interface has always been connected through a port here.

I would still try going directly to a computer USB port to rule it out.  I have seen many devices, USB hubs included that flake out on some devices.  The thing with electronics is that it can work one minute and fail the next. 

Hi dbemowsk!

Appears you were correct!  Finally dawned on me there are two USB ports on the front of the computer, under the cover. ...Now where did I put those spare USB extension cables?? <g>     Tested; very surprised to see the USB Interface now stayed connected!   #:)    Did order a replacement hub the other day as was a good price; looks like I'll be using it sooner than expected!   Will also look into putting additional USB ports in the computer (PCI to USB adapter) - currently all four ports in use (keyboard, mouse, UPS, USB Hub).
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.