Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Is 16 cameras on one house code asking for trouble?  (Read 5159 times)

birdzeye

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
Is 16 cameras on one house code asking for trouble?
« on: May 10, 2010, 09:18:21 AM »

Is it pushing your luck to have 16 cameras that combine wired, wireless, x10 and non-x10 brand all on
one house code?

I've noticed that when making macros with AHP, the option to turn “all units off” seems to work well
for home automation modules such as the 3-pin appliance module, but not for the addressable power
supply for cameras or Ninjas. Therefore, making macros to control all of these different modules can
be very tricky. There will be a delay, sometimes a long delay, when switching between the different
kinds of cameras.

What would be the best solution to this? Should only a few of the same kind of camera be used on
one house code? And what about lights and floodlights etc within the same system? Are there any tips
or tricks, should-do or should-not-do's to make an AHP system work better?

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: Is 16 cameras on one house code asking for trouble?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 12:23:16 PM »

I think you would need "iWatchout" Software, or the CR13A Scan Director remote for this.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Is 16 cameras on one house code asking for trouble?
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 01:50:01 PM »

Is it pushing your luck to have 16 cameras that combine wired, wireless, x10 and non-x10 brand all on
one house code? ........ Are there any tips or tricks, should-do or should-not-do's to make an AHP system work better?

Actually... I think you may be the expert at running that many cameras!

My best advice is plan your tests, document what you do (take notes) and how it worked (or failed). Then share what you learn here.
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.