Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: motion sensor wall switch  (Read 3229 times)

dbemowsk

• Helpful Post Rating: 21
    • PHP Web Scripting
motion sensor wall switch
« on: May 09, 2010, 01:25:13 PM »

I currently have motion sensor light switches (non-X10) in my bathrooms.  They look similar to these:

Now I know X10 does not make a switch like this, but I am wondering if other manufacturers make something similar that responds to X10?  If so, does the motion sensor send an X10 signal?  Are they one way or two way?  I would imagine they have a local control switch.

The thing is, I want to avoid having to use something like an XPS3 with an eagle eye sensor as the eagle eye will not look good on the wall.

Any help is appreciated.
Dan Bemowski
Owner of PHP Web Scripting LLC
Programmer of RemoteWatch X10
User of any X10 products I can get my hands on.

Brandt

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
  • Sorry miss, I was giving myself an oil-job.
Re: motion sensor wall switch
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2010, 02:36:47 PM »

I'd like this as well

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2010, 05:47:26 PM »

Now I know X10 does not make a switch like this, but I am wondering if other manufacturers make something similar that responds to X10? 
Don't think so, but you could check Smarthome.com. They handle just about every X10 device for North American consumption.. 
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2010, 07:53:53 PM »

I currently have motion sensor light switches (non-X10) in my bathrooms.  They look similar to these:

I use a switch like that one in the garage. I use another [non-X10] motion sensor switch type... in the laundry room. It is just the wife and me... so I don't concern myself with the auto OFF function so much. What I like is the auto ON. The garage and laundry are areas where my wife seems to have her hands full carrying bags or baskets. It feels good knowing that (thanks to my efforts) she doesn't have to carry those heavy loads.... in the dark.

I think those same switches in the bathroom... would be more practical for the energy saving of the auto OFF. We had those in the restrooms at work.. and they did save electric.

The switches work great! MUCH faster than any X10 motion sensor setup I've ever seen. No rules that everything needs to be X10... although I can see where having them X10 would have some advantage's. I haven't ever seen any like them with automation abilities.

I know some people like to have the bathroom lights come on dimmed at night.... so the bright lights don't hurt the eyes. I've left the bathroom lights completely manual (no worries of them being turned off). Then I put a fancy [5 watt] nightlight(s) in the bathrooms... burning 24/7... in one bathroom. So I never NEED to switch on a light... unless I am shaving (I still use a blade). And I never need put up with too bright a light ether. Great WAF.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 07:58:11 PM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.