Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: X10 Experts - Help with system design  (Read 2288 times)

Weedwaka

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
X10 Experts - Help with system design
« on: May 10, 2010, 10:03:30 AM »

Hey Guys,

I am looking for some expert advice on putting together our x10 setup on our new carriage house.

We want to have it set up so that we have a 4 button key fob with the first three buttons controlling the three garage doors and dis-activating the alarm system on open , with the fourth button as a on off for the alarm only.

I also want one circuit of the garage lights to come on in the garage when either garage door circuit is opened .

I think I need the following ;

X10 controllable alarm system
x10 main controller with fobs
x10 motion detector for garage doors or trigger system
3 x10 triggers for each garage door opener

Press Fob >> Controller turns off alarm and sends trigger to garage door to open and light circuit to fire up.

What would be the best way to trigger the lights ? A single or multiple motion detector would seem easy and could be used with the man door entry also in the event you have your hands full.

A trigger setup on each door or fired directly from the controller seems a bit more elegant but then I may be missing something.

The lighting circuit is a basic 4 way ( 3>4>3> lighting load ) with switches at each of three doors and the garage doors will be liftmaster units that mount beside the garage doors if it matters.

Any advice ? Brand / device suggestions ?

Brandt

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
  • Sorry miss, I was giving myself an oil-job.
Re: X10 Experts - Help with system design
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 12:09:47 PM »

for security:

ds7000 console
kr10a keyfobs
ms10a motion sensors
ds10a door/window sensors

For automating the garage door you will need another system because the RF signals from the security system don't play with the regular X10 RF signals.

You would need at least a KR19a keyfob, Powerflash, N/O Garage door contacts, and a Universal module.

Weedwaka

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: X10 Experts - Help with system design
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 09:33:08 AM »

Thanks for the help. I will check these out !!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.