Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: PA5800 Dialer doesn't play voice message or accept 0 to end the alerts  (Read 4875 times)

ansar

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

Hey Y'all,

I searched the forums, but I couldn't find and answer to a problem that I am having setting up my grandmother's Personal Assistance System PA5800.  I followed the manual, but I can't get it to work as expected. 

Below is the scenario that I am having after setting everything up:

1.  Press the button on the pendant to trigger an alert.
2.  Alarm goes off from the base unit.
3.  My target phone rings.
4.  After answering, I get nothing but the sounds coming through the pendant.

The message that I recorded is not played and even if I press 0 nothing happens.  Also, it never goes to the second number, even if I do press 0.

I have tried this multiple times and used multiple phones and whatnot to no avail. 

Does anyone have any idea about what I might be doing wrong or is something possibly wrong with my product?

Thanks for your time.

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139

When you recorded the message, did it play back through the earphone when you switched it to "RUN"?
Do you have all four number locations programmed?
If so, it sounds like you got a bad one.
Once the console gets any of the four numbers to answer answer I don't think it contiues to dial (at least my Mom's does not).

"This aftershave makes me look fat"

ansar

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that step.  Yeah, the message played fine through the ear piece.

bobbolo

Re: PA5800 Dialer doesn't play voice message or accept 0 to end the alerts
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 12:11:41 PM »

I have the same problem.  My phone rings but when pressing 0 the alarm does not stop.  Anybody else??  I've called X10 but no help there.  They can't even find my records when I bought it and now, of course, the warranty has run out.  Last time I'll buy anything or recommend to anyone!!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.