Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Help with Vanguard software - closes down after recording  (Read 7201 times)

cmitchell

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Help with Vanguard software - closes down after recording
« on: March 21, 2010, 04:21:54 PM »

I have setup the Vanguard software and my eagle eye motion detector. When I try to let it record a video it does it but then shuts downVvanguard after it is done. Therefore my cameras are no longer on line. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

mike

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
Re: Help with Vanguard software - closes down after recording
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 08:23:54 PM »

by shut down do u mean crashes?  if so, prob a video driver issue - can u try changing to another one?  (can't recall if possible in vang as in ahp).  in my case it never helped and i gave up on video recording and used my vanguard or ahp with snapshots only or they would simply crash the program.  hope your issue is not same as mine was; if so, consider using the multiple snapshot option instead - I record pix every 2 sec for 30 sec after motion detected in lue of video driver crashes.

tbohman

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2010, 04:27:37 PM »

you cant stop the recording with out going into services that are running and stop x10 service before you record again what I do is record all the time and let the motion detectors switch cameras it will do a snapshot to let you know when motion has occured been doing the for 2 weeks and recording all the time

mike

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 09:15:16 AM »

cool idea!  i have plenty of harddrive space.... nver figured out tho what happens when u use the allocated (by x10 preferences) defined space = is it FIFO?  or do u have to go in periodically and delete files?

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.