Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Vanguard Crashes When Recording Video  (Read 6819 times)

greatwassisland

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Vanguard Crashes When Recording Video
« on: May 13, 2010, 04:10:00 PM »

I've tried reinstalling Vanguard several times, updated and rolled back my video drivers and codec packs, and no matter what I do, every time I record a video, Vanguard crashes. Just shuts down. I usually get a little chunk of video, but not the whole thing. This happens whether I try to record on demand or when my motion activated recording goes off. I've tried different resolutions and tried capturing in both x10 format and .avi format. I've seen lots of other threads with this same issue, but no solutions.

So, anyone have a solution yet, or did I just buy a bunch of overpriced wireless still frame cameras?

tbohman

Re: Vanguard Crashes When Recording Video
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 04:30:38 PM »

i posted a solution and it works look at previous threads

greatwassisland

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 12:59:34 PM »

Link?

wmac

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 10:05:25 AM »

This is a well-known issue, I've yet to read anything that will definitively fix it.

Here's what tbohman posted in another thread:

"there is a fix and after lots of trial and error I found it you need to go into control panel admin services then component services then services local click x10 device networking then stop the service then you can open vanguard and record again each time you stop recording you might have to stop the service again but it will record for as many days as you want as long as you dont stop the recording if you do you will have to stop the service before you start to record again"

That's hardly what I'd call a fix - but hey, thanks for playing... B:(

We - and X10 - need to face facts here. Vangaurd Internet Control Centre DOES NOT WORK as advertised for most people, and the vendors have shown no interest in correcting a known problem.

Of course, this is just my opinion - and that of many of the other posters in this thread. But who knows? It might just work for someone. They should buy lottery tickets... ;D

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.