Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How to remotely ARM DS7000 from AHP without hardware mods  (Read 27140 times)

iflyabeech

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
How to remotely ARM DS7000 from AHP without hardware mods
« on: May 14, 2010, 10:51:03 AM »

I am new to X10...But I seem to have my system working great so far.  I have a DS7000 with 14 DS10a's, 2 MS10a's, 2SH624's and 3 KR10a's.  I also have AHP with a CM15a and 2 LM465's.  I have modded my CM15a with the F-connector mod and the Radioshack $26 antenna and after the mod, my reception is fantastic.

I use WINVNC ans Windows 7 to check on the status of AHP, which works brilliantly, and I need a solution to ARM my DS7000 from the AHP (via WINVNC.)   I understand that I will not be able to disarm it, but I would like the ability to ARM it remotely.  I have read many of the threads on here, but I can't seem to get it set up.  Can someone reply with the exact macro they use to accomplish this?  In layman's terms?  Thanks!

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: How to remotely ARM DS7000 from AHP without hardware mods
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 11:23:46 AM »

..... I have modded my CM15a with the F-connector mod and the Radioshack $26 antenna and after the mod, my reception is fantastic.

.... I need a solution to ARM my DS7000 from the AHP ....I can't seem to get it set up. 

Exact macro.. in laymans terms... [in AHP] drag in a remote.. click install (install using a remote). Then once AHP has the remote installed... you have to go to the DS7000's console.. and install AHP's newly installed remote. (I know it would seem as if the AHP would be learning the remotes "codes". And... so the console would then think that AHP's signal was the remote used during the AHP install. But it doesn't work that way... you still need to install that "fake AHP remote" in/at the console.).

But... I just wonder. You say your "reception is fantastic" now with your "receiving antenna mod". Can the security console receive the "arm signal" from your CM15A? The CM15A's sending antenna... believe it or not... is separate inside the CM15A. I mention this only because I had a similar problem when I was trying to use my (antenna modified) CM15A to control a ninja mounted outside. My CM15A mounted in the basement just wasn't "heard" outside. I found with MY CM15A... just exposing that little wire sending antenna to the outside of the CM15As plastic surround... and getting the CM15A up high was enough. 
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 11:39:41 AM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

iflyabeech

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 11:43:51 AM »

I also modded the second CM15A antenna (the grey wire) I soldered a longer piece of wire to it and exposed some wire on the end of it and extended it up my wall!  But my CM15A and the DS7000 are right next to each other, so range isn't an issue.

So i have 5 real remotes already(2 SH624 and  3 KR10a)  Are you saying to drag a dummy remote into AHP?  How do I get a dummy remote to install?  How then do I get AHP to select Arm Home or Arm Away? 
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 11:47:51 AM by iflyabeech »

iflyabeech

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 11:53:29 AM »

The grey wire is the transmitter antenna and will not increase the CM15As reception and if you detuned the transmitter it may actually work worse than unmodified.
I do not have a transmitter problem!!!  please stay on topic.. Thanks!
I know that they grey wire is the transmitter and it works great as well as the receiving antenna that I modified with the F-connector mod and the Radio Shack antenna... 

I do not understand how to write the correct macro to arm the alarm!

iflyabeech

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 12:17:50 PM »

How do I make the CM15A transmit the fake remote signal to the ds7000?  and how do I install the fake remote into AHP?

HA Dave

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2010, 12:33:47 PM »

I do not understand how to write the correct macro to arm the alarm!

• I 1st created a room named DS7000. 
  • Then I added the remote (install the remote) and two "fake" appliance modules (P1 & P2). 
  • I created two macros... "Arm Home" and "Arm Away" they are triggered by P1 and P2.
  • From the DS7000 room I selected the remote (it scrolls).
  • I selected the Armed status for each macros from the security section (not room). Macros and modules are saved in the DS7000 room.

See the attached images!

iflyabeech

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2010, 12:47:22 PM »

Very good!  -:)I got Arm Away to work, but I can't seem to get Arm Home to work..Maybe I have too many remotes installed now.. I will try it again next time I reset the console.. For now it works though! Thank you very much, Dave!! 

The only problem is that the disarmed icon still shows in AHP.  Is there a way to get that icon to show armed when using AHP to arm it?  I suppose I can check the armed status via the activity log if I must...

HA Dave

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2010, 03:30:44 PM »

... disarmed icon still shows in AHP.  Is there a way to get that icon to show armed when using AHP to arm it? 

That.. I believe is a bug in the AHP software. Not sure if it effects all versions... maybe someone else will have that info.. or you can search here at the forum.

JMac

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2010, 09:04:23 PM »

It's a "bug" in my set up. (i.e.: the "Unlock" icon)  The only way I could get the full indication of "Arm Home' and Arm Away" was to mod a Keychain Remote (for the Arm Away) and a Security Remote (for the Arm Home).  These are triggered by a Universal Module.  Couldn't come up with a better way......
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 09:07:01 PM by JMac »

peg-leg

• Helpful Post Rating: 11
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2010, 01:11:33 AM »

..... I have modded my CM15a with the F-connector mod and the Radioshack $26 antenna and after the mod, my reception is fantastic.

.... I need a solution to ARM my DS7000 from the AHP ....I can't seem to get it set up. 

Exact macro.. in laymans terms... [in AHP] drag in a remote.. click install (install using a remote). Then once AHP has the remote installed... you have to go to the DS7000's console.. and install AHP's newly installed remote. (I know it would seem as if the AHP would be learning the remotes "codes". And... so the console would then think that AHP's signal was the remote used during the AHP install. But it doesn't work that way... you still need to install that "fake AHP remote" in/at the console.).

Dave,

Will an existing remote work for this process if it's already been installed in the DS7000?  I've looked everywhere and cannot get a clear answer on this.  If the remote must first be installed into AHP and then the AHP fake remote is installed on the DS7000, can the remote used for this process be installed into the DS7000 afterwards?

I've tried using my existing SH624 that I've had for years and so far it will install into AHP, but the macro for AHP arming of the DS7000, won't register with the DS7000.

Thanks.

HA Dave

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2010, 05:03:40 PM »

Dave,
Will an existing remote work for this process if it's already been installed in the DS7000? 

Yes. I think thats the way to do it. But to have a dis-arm.... requires the mod of a remote.

mike

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2010, 05:41:03 PM »

i just searched the forum to get this info again so I can finally (after years) add ahp timered alarm on at least at 10pm each night - sometimes I forget...

anyway, I see DISARM function in security things i can do in a macro now - new?  does it work???

mike

• Helpful Post Rating: 14
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2010, 07:20:49 PM »

I suspect that at least by ver 3.296 now they fixed the "cannot disarm ds7000 from ahp" that everyone said was not possible?

Or maybe I am missing the point?

1 I installed mh sh624 in ahp that I use to arm/disarm ds7000.
2 I made two  macros: trigger from this sec device
        1 that armed ds7000 (picked from security choices like picking
           a lite to turn on
        1 that disarmed ds7000 (picked from security choices like picking
           a lite to turn on
3 I click on arm macro;  ds7000 dings and arms
4 I click on disarm macro; ds7000 ding-dings and disarms

was this not supposed to work??

perhaps it is that if I arm via sh624 remote, the sh624 icon has circles showing received but macro does not run.  ditto for disarm.  but I dont really care - all i wanted was a macro in ahp that when run would arm and another that when run would disarm ds7000. i got that now - set timer for 10pm to arm and set 7am to disarm in the macros respectively.  suppose if i want to call these macros i can just set them to a normal ahp non-security sw, but i see no reason for this since I have remotes anyway.....

guess only thing missing is a security choice PANIC button so we can force alarm on thru ahp....

anthonylavado

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
  • At a position relative to the observer.
    • anthonylavado.com
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2010, 01:39:35 AM »

I suspect that at least by ver 3.296 now they fixed the "cannot disarm ds7000 from ahp" that everyone said was not possible?
guess only thing missing is a security choice PANIC button so we can force alarm on thru ahp....
Yes, they updated OnAlert and AHP to allow you to Disarm through AHP now.
The Panic button is a function in OnAlert Mobile, I haven't poked around anywhere else in AHP to see if it's around.
Follow me on Twitter: @anthonylavado
Now making guest appearances in the Home Automation Chat Room

lviper

• PI Expert
  • Helpful Post Rating: 10
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2011, 09:38:44 AM »

Just thought I would throw this out there. I'm running AHP 3.304 with OnAlert. To get AHP to arm/disarm my ds7000 I just needed to add one phantom appliance module using ON for Arming and OFF for disarming. I made the macros as described earlier using my SH624. Turn the phantom module on and the system arms. Turn the module off and the system disarms.

Also, I did not need to register my AHP remote with the security console. I attempted to do it but never heard the ding when it registered. So I put the console back in Run 2 mode, turned my phantom module on and heard the ding. Turned the module off and ding ding.

Just to test and make sure I didn't have to register the AHP remote, I changed the macro to use one of my keychain remotes and it worked fine.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.