Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AHP Timer not working  (Read 6500 times)

streetp

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
AHP Timer not working
« on: May 18, 2010, 02:50:13 PM »

Hi,

I've installed ActiveHomePro 3.228 with CMA15

I have the laptop with the USB CMA15 in our rec room below the master bedroom, I have a TM751 set to House Code C in the bedroom then a LM14A in the bedroom that is set to C2 controlling the Bedside Lamp).

I have a SS13A that works perfectly in turning on the lamp and dimming it, however, I've programmed a timer event in AHP so that the bedside lamp should come on automatically every morning - set it to store in the interface, i can see it in the activity log (below) but if just isn't working for some reason. Any ideas would be welcome?
thanks

576    5/18/2010 7:00:45 AM    Macro    C2 (Bedside Lamp)
577    5/18/2010 7:00:45 AM    Macro    C Bright 100(Bedside Lamp)
578    5/18/2010 7:30:41 AM    Macro    C2 (Bedside Lamp)
579    5/18/2010 7:30:41 AM    Macro    C Off (Bedside Lamp)

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
Re: AHP Timer not working
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 03:17:37 PM »

Can you manually control the module from the AHP Screen?
If not there maybe a power line signal problem from the CM15A location to the LM14A location.
The module is a LM14A or a new soft start LM465 called an LM14A for better control?

streetp

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 03:37:48 PM »

Ok, that's something I should have looked at first - correct assumption, AHP isn't able to control it even from the AHP console  :-[

Now I'll have to find out which phase is which.

thanks for the tip

everydayflyer

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2010, 03:49:34 PM »

Since you are using a macro perhaps try using RF from the CM15A

http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Setting_The_CM15A_to_send_RF_Commands

streetp

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2010, 07:22:15 PM »

Now you see that's what I don't understand, All I did was click on the little clock on the module and used the timer design to say turn on at 0700 and turn off at 0730 daily.......  how the activity log classifies this as a macro is beyond me.

Still I'll try the RF Macro as I need to play with Macro's anyway.

Charles Sullivan

• Helpful Post Rating: 94
    • HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OSX
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2010, 08:11:24 PM »

Now you see that's what I don't understand, All I did was click on the little clock on the module and used the timer design to say turn on at 0700 and turn off at 0730 daily.......  how the activity log classifies this as a macro is beyond me.

Still I'll try the RF Macro as I need to play with Macro's anyway.

An AHP module timer is just a "shorthand" for specifying two simple timed macros, for On and Off.

Yesterday it worked.
Today it doesn't work.
X10 on Windows is like that.

HEYU - X10 Automation for Linux, Unix, and Mac OS X     http://www.heyu.org

streetp

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2010, 07:40:14 AM »

Well it seems that the problem has to be either line noise (lots) or different phases - I put in a quick and simple macro that sent RF signals with a timer and it still didn't work.... back to the drawing board, pity as it's such a sweet system.

everydayflyer

• Helpful Post Rating: 5
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2010, 08:01:25 AM »

Line noise does not effect RF.  If the TM 751 is not working  with macro RC transmited then  strang as the units are one floor apart and inline.

This X-10 stuff is a challange for sure. Seems that if you purchase $500 to $800 worth of test equipment,filters,phase coupler,repeaters etc. and spend many hours triuble shooting it can be made to work rather well.

My Alarm, works very well after I replaced a marginal Door /Windor sensor but AHP is somewhat hit and miss. CM15A allways does great job of monitoring all sensors but some times all can be controlled and sometine only some. If I add a 741 which should conflict then they all work from the AHP . Well they all work except one Flood which Palm Pad will turn off and on  but Alarm console will not turn on period but   3will turn off if the 741 is connected.

Before someone ask these are all on the same phase . I am a life long Radio Control aircraft  hobbiest and also a Ham Radio operator.  I have tried the  antenna mod. trick (passive) and no real improvement.Yes I can / could most likely play around with / tweak) the CM15A antenna,location etc and get it to work.

Here is the thing. X-10 could fix many of these troblems with slight antenna mods. adding filters and providing decent setup / trouble shooting guides and making thier website site clear not sexy.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.