Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Improve Video  (Read 3826 times)

GMAN

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
Improve Video
« on: May 21, 2010, 06:58:08 PM »

Hey all, I know this might be a stretch but I'll ask... Burning out on the mediocre camera views on my PC with the VA11a and current PCI Video/Graphics card. I what to investigate steppn' thing's up a notch. I know the cams are limited. Just wish to get it as best as possible. Looking for recommendations on a New Card / VA12a setup that seems to work well. Can we approach the same view on TV quality?
  XP Machine    G.

nybuck

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
Re: Improve Video
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 08:33:01 AM »

I would point the finger at the CMOS sensor in the camera.  I have heard the 'pro series' is much better, but I have never tried 'em.  I can't get past the 10x or more price difference.  (Low WAF)

I have used the 4-input USB "easy" capture and the PCI 4-input capture card.  Both give me the ability to see if someone is there, but not great clarity.

From what I have read here, the VA11A and VA12A are basically the same 'resolution' as anything out there.

Also, with the X-Cams, I have found that the focus of the lens is CRITICAL to understanding what it 'sees'.  I know with mine, there is an area that is much better in focus than objects closer or further away.  I use a portable TV with a wireless receiver when I focus them, and have someone or something in front of the camera.

Good Luck!   ;D
>!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.