Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: World Famous ActiveHome PC Home Automation System - ONLY $9.99! BLAAA  (Read 10542 times)

ITguy

• Helpful Post Rating: 8

What does it show up in 3.271 with no plug-ins? 

Sorry, I don't understand the question.

Just taking a guess, when I click the "About" link in Help, it shows just AHP 3.271 as registered - none of the plugins show as registered.

Or, if I click Plugins, it shows plugins that are available to purchase, but if I click on any of them, it just shows the Information button which takes you to the website page for that plugin.

Was either of those what you were asking?

ITguy

RedLeg6

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

Yeah, I went for it as well but I'm not sure why????  A couple years ago I bought the Active Home software when it sold for $49.99 - haven't used it yet, too busy to set up.  Now I'm ready.  Does this new package replace the old?  Do I need the other software enhancements?  I hope to both automate and secure our summer place.

Question - I have an ADT installed and monitored system in my home in Florida and I'd like to add an outdoor light that flashes when the alarm is tripped.  The company wants almost $200 -- can I add it for less? 

Thanks.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305

No the new $9.99 package uses the CM19A USB RF Sender Receiver and is not a replacement for the original AHP kits.
The original AHP package deals with the CM15A is still being sold.
The new package requires the computer to be on 24/7 as it can not store things like timers and simple macros.

When you got your AHP Kit was it before the added plugins was part of the deal?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 12:23:02 PM by Brian H »

RedLeg6

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: World Famous ActiveHome PC Home Automation System - ONLY $9.99! BLAAA
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2010, 06:12:02 AM »

Hi Brian --

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, when I got Active Home it was just the original software.

Should I purchase the X-10 software upgrades.  My immediate goal is to control lighting and a couple appliances.  Later I may use it for security to replace or supplement my current security service and/or monitor the house & grounds.

E

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2010, 07:20:31 AM »

Go to  http://software.x10.com/pub/applications/activehome/  and look for ahp_updt_204.exe.  Save that and install it.  (Do not use the e-mail link you got when you first bought it.  Once it is installed, get the CM15A installed.   Reboot your computer.   One rebooted, open AHP and make sure AHP can see it.   Once you've done that, set up AHP with your modules any timers you need, etc.  Once AHP is running properly, use the flashing "update available" on the right side of the screen to update to version 3.228, the last good version of AHP.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2010, 08:02:39 AM »

If you are using the CM19A. 3.228 will not be supported properly. 3.228 will work with a CM15A.
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.