Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Simultaneous recordings  (Read 5219 times)

HJ10X

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Simultaneous recordings
« on: May 22, 2010, 01:31:09 PM »

Newbie here, I’ve got 4 wireless cameras (xc22a) setup with Vanguard. It works great. But I would like to record the 4 feeds at the same time. Right now, it can only “scan” and record 1 feed at the time. Any recommendations?

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
Re: Simultaneous recordings
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 05:06:51 PM »

No can do with wireless cams unless you have four seperate receivers with each camera and receiver on seperate frequencies.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

nybuck

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 06:15:59 PM »

Dave W is correct, as far as getting the video.  Then you have to capture the video on your computer.

For that, I would recommend the EasyCap USB video capture "dongle", or the PCI-card 4-input video capture card.  Both are available from Amazon and most inexpensively on Ebay.

There is a catch here, though.  The least expensive models capture video at 30 frames per second Overall, or combined for all 4 channels.  That will give you either jerky video, or 1 second full-motion video on each camera, on a rotational basis.  Neither is much better than your USB VA11A/VA12A.  I had to pay a little more and get a PCI-slot internal 4-input video capture card with 120 frames per second.  Now I get all 4 cameras on my screen or recorded full-motion.  I found mine on Ebay with a little searching.  It comes with the software to detect motion and record, email screenshots, etc...

Good Luck!   ;D
>!

HJ10X

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 08:19:56 PM »

Thanks for info,
Cheers,

nybuck

• Helpful Post Rating: 17
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2010, 09:31:39 PM »

I guess I could have been clearer...

I wanted something a little better than the EasyCap, although usable, just like the vanguard software.

To get true full-motion video from all 4 inputs, you'll need a PCI video capture card with 4 inputs and 120 Frames Per Second.

Of course, you can't use all the cool X10 features like motion sensors selecting the camera, setting record, emailing you, etc.  The video software included with the capture cards compares frames, and if there are differences in the frames, it interprets that as motion, and does what you tell it to do - Email, record, etc...

Hope this helps!
>!

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.