Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Conditions ignored in macros controlled by DS10A  (Read 9837 times)

jflo

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Conditions ignored in macros controlled by DS10A
« on: June 02, 2010, 02:59:38 PM »

Hello,
   I have just purchased several DS10As and am trying to set the first one up.  I am using it with OnAlert (No Security Console). It was recognized fine by Active Home, but I am having trouble with the macro.  I would like it function in this way:

I get home and the living room light(J8) is off.  If it is between dusk and dawn (is dark out), I want the light to come on.  If is daytime, the light should stay off.

I set up the macro with a time condition, but the light ALWAYS comes on, regardless of the time of day. 

Please give me a hand on this.
Thanks!
-Jody

jflo

Re: Conditions ignored in macros controlled by DS10A
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 03:06:36 PM »

PS, I am using AHP 3.228.  I was using an earlier version before I got the DS10As, but was having trouble getting them to install in AH, so x10 support had me install the new version, which ultimately worked, though I could have probably just reinstalled the earlier version.  I'd be happy to go to a previous version (I seem to remember talk of trouble with macros in 3.228) if it would help, but I can't seem to find the installer for the earlier versions. 
(PPS, I am using AHPro, SmartMacros, iWatchOut, MyHouse Online, and OnAlert.  Well, they're all installed, at least - I don't use any of the video stuff.)

Thank you!
-Jody

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 07:02:22 PM »

Welcome to the forums.
I have not seen any issues reported on 3.228 but the latest 3.236 has been reported as having problems.

Do you have any examples of what you have tried?
This may help in finding what maybe incorrect.

jflo

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 09:46:42 AM »

The only thing I've tried so far is the example I gave - one DS attached to the front door with a corresponding macro that turns on a lamp if it is between dusk and dawn.  It doesn't pay attention to the times.

Additionally, (I assume this is standard) it sends its status once an hour.  Occasionally (50%ish of the time) the DS-Closed signal will turn on the lamp as well.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2010, 09:59:54 AM »

Yes the DS10A Security Motion Sensor sends a heartbeat signal. If it is being used with a Security Console and the heartbeat is not received at least every 4 hours. It triggers a zone problem.

If you have not had a chance to read some of the wiki tips here are some links.
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/Smart_Macros
http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/ActiveHome_Pro

I am sure someone with macro experience will be posting some better data.

JMac

• Helpful Post Rating: 23
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2010, 02:01:00 PM »

I think I know what you're asking.  Use the search on the forum and look under "onalert and time conditionals".  You'll have to set up two macros - one to address a "ghost" module, and one to setup your time conditionals.  KDR has an excellent explanation of all this........his involves some other results but the time conditional "work-around" is sound.

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.