Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Timer does not work  (Read 29438 times)

sir_rob

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Timer does not work
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2010, 01:28:11 AM »

The "issue on instead of bright 100%" option makes no difference in my case.  I am not using macros.  I have the simplest timer, and it does not work properly.

What is the difference between when I manually click on a module to turn it on and when the timer does it?  The problem should be found in the difference.  Any ideas?

-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)

• Advanced Member
  • Helpful Post Rating: 81
  • He's just this guy. You know?
    • wgjohns.com
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2010, 01:40:45 AM »

Good question.

Have you looked at the AHP event log to see what is (or isn't) sent when the timer fires and when you click the module to turn it on?   ???
-Bill- (of wgjohns.com)
bill@wgjohns.com

In the real world, the only constant is change.

When I'm online you can find me in the Home Automation Chat Room!

sir_rob

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2010, 03:28:14 AM »

For the timer:
The activity monitor reports: "Macro     A2 (Hall Light)" and then at the same time but on the next line: "Macro       A Bright 100% (Hall Light)"
Later the monitor reports: "Macro     A2 (Hall Light)" and then at the same time but on the next line: "Macro       A Off (Hall Light)"

For mouse clicks:
The activity monitor reports: "Transmit     A2 (Hall Light)" and then at the same time but on the next line: "Transmit       A On (Hall Light)"
Then activity monitor reports: "Transmit     A2 (Hall Light)" and then at the same time but on the next line: "Transmit       A Off (Hall Light)"

Perhaps the "issue on in place of bright 100%" check box is not working.

sir_rob

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2010, 03:39:54 AM »

I have now confirmed that the "off" command DOES work at the end of the timer!

Regardless of the "issue on in place of bright 100%" check box, the light does not turn on and the monitor reports the same "Macro     A2 (Hall Light)" and then at the same time but on the next line: "Macro       A Bright 100% (Hall Light)".  I think that the check box is not doing its job.  If that is the case, how do I fix it?

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2010, 06:39:11 AM »

Rob,

I want you to try something.  Tic the box for issue on once again, then go into hardware configuration and update the interface (maybe even download timers again).  Then check your event log and report back.

I swear my unit(s) all issue the "on" command.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2010, 07:52:30 AM »

I suspect the timer was created by 3.236 and is corrupted.   I posted earlier to delete it and recreate it but he apparently hasn't done that.  3.236 does funny things to timers.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

sir_rob

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2010, 08:47:12 AM »

You posted earlier to delete and recreate the timer, and I did.  In fact, I stated "I have deleted and re-created the modules and the timer" a few posts back, just after installing the version that was recommended.  Are you saying that I should delete my entire file and start from scratch?  I have not tried that.  Let me know if that is what you are recommending, because I think that I have followed your advice.

I  have saved and downloaded timers to the interface after ever single change that I have made.  I have checked and unchecked the "issue on instead of bright 100%" option at least 15 times.  Please let me know if you think that I have missed something somewhere.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2010, 06:40:43 PM »

What's the file name you are using?   If it was created by 3.236, the entire contents are corrupted. Don't use "MyHouse.ahx" for anything.  I have 19 different .ahx files for use at different times of the year.   I would start a new .ahx file and build everything again. 

sir_rob

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2010, 02:54:08 AM »

MyHome.ahx

It was created by 3.26.  I will create a new file and start over.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2010, 08:48:37 AM »

Don't use MyHome.ahx for anything.   Open it, delete anything it has and begin from scratch.   Save it with a new name that is your own.  As you get more used to AHP, start creating custom .ahx files for different times of the year.   That's how I got 19 different ones. 

sir_rob

« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2010, 03:47:39 PM »

I have created a new *.ahx file.  This time the modules in the software responded a little bit differently, but the hardware response (and no response) is exactly the same.

Initially the modules would simply go from off/full dim to off/full bright when they were supposed to turn on.  After I selected the "issue on instead of bright 100%" option, the modules showed that they went from off/full dim to on/full bright.  The problem is that in both cases, the light never turned on.  If I click on the module, it turns on, but the timer does not turn the light on.

sir_rob

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2010, 04:34:18 PM »

I can get the timer to turn lights on if I set up dummy appliance modules with the same codes.  The closest I have come to getting the timer to work properly is to create the actual module and then a dummy module for every dimmable module that I want to control.  I can then use a timer to turn on the dummy appliance module, and 1 minute later I can use the actual module to control the dim/brightness level.  It is a bit clumsy and awkward, and it does not behave exactly how I would like, but at least it works.

If anyone can come up with some other ideas, I would love to hear them.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2010, 05:48:28 PM »

Try setting the modules (I presume they are lamp modules) as LM14A Two-way modules.  The actual LM14A was eliminated by X10, but it still exists in AHP.  That is the best way to handle "SoftStart" modules.

sir_rob

« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2010, 06:24:47 PM »

Thanks for the advice.  Now the light itself responds properly, but the software module does not show any change.  I will take this as an improvement, but I would still like the software to work as it should.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2010, 06:40:29 PM »

I think at the moment calling it a LM14A is what X10 says to do and when it ever gets updated is hard to say. Not much has changed in a loon time.

http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/SoftStart
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.