Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Timer does not work  (Read 29452 times)

sir_rob

• Helpful Post Rating: 0
Re: Timer does not work
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2010, 06:49:41 PM »

Just as you stated it, it looks like X10's statement from http://kbase.x10.com/wiki/SoftStart is to simply use LM14A for all soft-start modules.  I take it that the fact that the software on my computer not registering the change even though the hardware does is a somewhat typical bug.

Thanks to everyone that has helped me diagnose the problem and fix it as much as is possible.

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2010, 07:05:08 PM »

The AHP Screen for that module is not showing a change when it sends a command but the module itself is following the command?
Strange.

sir_rob

« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2010, 07:10:50 PM »

Yes, but mostly just with the LM14A.  With other modules selected the software looks right but the hardware does not respond, unless I use an appliance module and then I lose the dim/brightness control.  Getting all three is the tricky part for me.

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2010, 10:50:05 PM »

Did you backdate to 3.228?   The LM14A is there.  Clear the interface, delete the old module at the address and create the LM14A with any timers repeat for all lamp modules, use the AM14A for all appliance modules.   Once all modules are established, upload to the interface.
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

sir_rob

« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2010, 11:13:39 AM »

I am now running version 3.228.  I created a new *.ahx file.  I cleared the interface, put in new modules, and am using LM14A for soft-start devices.  I suppose that I will need to start over with yet another *.ahx file to see if that rectifies the problem.  I am surprised that the software is this buggy!

sir_rob

« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2010, 12:11:59 PM »

Starting from scratch did not change anything.  Any ideas?

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2010, 04:57:59 PM »

Try running AHP in XP Mode in Windows 7. A friend of mine runs AHP 3.228 in Windows7 with ZERO problems.  The only other thing might be another program  you have that AHP does not like is causing the problem.

sir_rob

« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2010, 06:23:24 PM »

The computer that it is running from is an XP machine.  I can disable Norton Anti-virus, but no other major program is running.  Of course there are many background services, but the machine is fairly bare-bones actually.

Knightrider

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 62
  • I love my WM100!
    • This Automated House
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2010, 06:52:37 PM »

Send me a PM with the module names and times, I'll see if i can't create a .AHX file here to do what you want.   If it works, I'll email (include you address) it back to you and you can merge it into your setup.
Remote control is cool,

but automation rules!

sir_rob

« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2010, 07:06:33 PM »

Thank you to everyone that has helped me diagnose the problem!

Knightrider was able to confirm the behavior that I am seeing with version 3.228 that I downloaded from X10's website.  There may be another version that corrects this problem, but it is not available to the general public.  If anyone knows about this special version please PM me.  Otherwise, the work-around that I have employed is to use dummy appliance modules to turn my lights on with a timer, and then I use a 2nd timer that turns those lights on with a lamp module so that the dim/bright levels are correct.  If anyone else experiences this same issue and has any questions, feel free to post below or PM me.

Dan Lawrence

« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2010, 07:45:04 AM »

Thank you to everyone that has helped me diagnose the problem!

Knightrider was able to confirm the behavior that I am seeing with version 3.228 that I downloaded from X10's website.  There may be another version that corrects this problem, but it is not available to the general public.  If anyone knows about this special version please PM me.  Otherwise, the work-around that I have employed is to use dummy appliance modules to turn my lights on with a timer, and then I use a 2nd timer that turns those lights on with a lamp module so that the dim/bright levels are correct.  If anyone else experiences this same issue and has any questions, feel free to post below or PM me.

Just for the record, there is no "special version" of AHP.  What you see in the X10 Software Repository is what's there.  3.228 is not listed, why I don't know, the only was to get it to though the upgrade from 3.204.

hoss242

« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2010, 12:01:40 AM »

I've had the exact same problem.  Can turn on with software but not with timers.  Really is frustrating! Already spent 5 days testing, retesting, downloading older software, etc. While I think with the help of the forum I can get it to work... I think with this kind of non-performing software/hardware I would never recommend anyone else purchasing it. Too much of a pain! Very irratating.

I just changed the setting "on instead of 100%" but now I guess I will need to wait another night to test to see if if works at dusk...... quite disgusting.

hoss242

« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2010, 12:15:18 AM »

So I'm going to try the adding of the appliance but which one do you choose - or does it matter? I picked AM14A and then set the house/unit code to the same as the WS467 module and set it to on at dusk, off at dawn.

Is that the concept or did I pick the wrong switch?

Thanks for all the help - it is appreciated - it just shouldn't be this difficult!

hoss242

« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2010, 12:23:33 AM »

The difference between my situation and sir_rob's is, I just want my lights to come on 100%. No interest in dimming them, but can't even get that to happen. They do turn off via the timer, just don't turn on unless I manually click the button (or use the remote) or use the software.

I will now wait until tomorrow night to test again. :).....

hoss242

« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2010, 12:36:12 AM »

how do you actually delete the file? I have the MyHome.ahx file but am not using it. I did create a new file - actually did a save as, so when I restart, it opens that one up instead of the MyHome.ahx file.  Is that good enough?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.