Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: va12a - windows 7 Professional - installed compatibility mode vista sp2  (Read 9657 times)

cybergal

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

I installed the VA12A, Active Home Pro, iWatchOut, On Alert, and all the pluggins for Active Home Pro by right clicking each of the files and under details clicking Compatibility mode Vista SP2.   Is this the correct compatibility mode do you think?  Should I install using Windows XP SP2 or 3 do you think?

I can see my Sentinel Camera on the tv when it is hooked up directly to the TV but not when it is transmitting wirelessly to my TV using the VR36A.  I cannot see the Sentinel Camera in Active Home Pro either.  The Sentinels remote will move the Sentinel hooked up directly to the TV or wirelessly hooked up to the VR36A.   I can see my floodcams in Active Home Pro but not the Sentinel Camera. 

VA12a is installed under sound video and game controllers.  Active Home Pro USB is listed under USB in device manager.  My remote will pan and tilt the Sentinel on the TV when it is hardwired.

I open up Windows Live Movie Maker and Movie Maker can't find the VA12A device.

What am I doing wrong.  I did have the Sentinel working before... who knows how I did that LOL.

This is what I read on Microsofts website
 If I'm running a 64-bit version of Windows, do I need 64-bit drivers for my devices? 
Yes. All hardware devices need 64-bit drivers to work on a 64-bit version of Windows. Drivers designed for 32-bit versions of Windows don't work on computers running 64-bit versions of Windows.

Can I run 32-bit programs on a 64-bit computer? 
Most programs designed for the 32-bit version of Windows will work on the 64-bit version of Windows. Notable exceptions are many antivirus programs.

Device drivers designed for the 32-bit version of Windows don't work on computers running a 64-bit version of Windows. If you're trying to install a printer or other device that only has 32-bit drivers available, it won't work correctly on a 64-bit version of Windows.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/32-bit-and-64-bit-Windows-frequently-asked-questions

I guess I should be installing 64 bit X10 programs but where are they?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 03:24:45 AM by cybergal »

Dan Lawrence

• Helpful Post Rating: 68

I installed the VA12A, Active Home Pro, iWatchOut, On Alert, and all the pluggins for Active Home Pro by right clicking each of the files and under details clicking Compatibility mode Vista SP2.   Is this the correct compatibility mode do you think?  Should I install using Windows XP SP2 or 3 do you think?

I can see my Sentinel Camera on the tv when it is hooked up directly to the TV but not when it is transmitting wirelessly to my TV using the VR36A.  I cannot see the Sentinel Camera in Active Home Pro either.  The Sentinels remote will move the Sentinel hooked up directly to the TV or wirelessly hooked up to the VR36A.   I can see my floodcams in Active Home Pro but not the Sentinel Camera. 

VA12a is installed under sound video and game controllers.  Active Home Pro USB is listed under USB in device manager.  My remote will pan and tilt the Sentinel on the TV when it is hardwired.

I open up Windows Live Movie Maker and Movie Maker can't find the VA12A device.

What am I doing wrong.  I did have the Sentinel working before... who knows how I did that LOL.

This is what I read on Microsofts website
 If I'm running a 64-bit version of Windows, do I need 64-bit drivers for my devices? 
Yes. All hardware devices need 64-bit drivers to work on a 64-bit version of Windows. Drivers designed for 32-bit versions of Windows don't work on computers running 64-bit versions of Windows.

Can I run 32-bit programs on a 64-bit computer? 
Most programs designed for the 32-bit version of Windows will work on the 64-bit version of Windows. Notable exceptions are many antivirus programs.

Device drivers designed for the 32-bit version of Windows don't work on computers running a 64-bit version of Windows. If you're trying to install a printer or other device that only has 32-bit drivers available, it won't work correctly on a 64-bit version of Windows.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/32-bit-and-64-bit-Windows-frequently-asked-questions

I guess I should be installing 64 bit X10 programs but where are they?

X10 does not make 64-bit programs.   B:(
I don't SELL this stuff... BUT I sure do ENJOY using it!!!

cybergal

• Helpful Post Rating: 0

I see 64 bits drivers here for Active Home Pro but I don't see 64 bit drivers for the VA12a on X10 software download page.

X10 USB Wireless Remote Drivers:
CM15A, CM19A, ALL USB Transceivers Version 3.239 - Released Mar 23, 2009 - Windows XP, Vista 32/64 bit, Windows 7 32/64 bit
http://www.x10.com/support/support_soft1.htm

For Windows 7 - 64 bit installation are we suppose to use this file on X10 software download page?

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.