Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Tails of x10 (meow!)  (Read 10184 times)

HA Dave

• Helpful Post Rating: 175
Re: Tails of x10 (meow!)
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2010, 09:30:37 AM »

...I thought there'd be at least one other pets+x10-related story out there! 

I am a known chipmunk hunter around my neighborhood. I was working in the garage just yesterday... when a chipmunk ran to the big open garage door. The tiny menace sat there and looked at me for a second... before running off [playfully].

I told my wife that my instints and first thought was to give chase to the critter. Thank God.. I've seen enough cartoons to know that was trap.

I was reminded of the Mole Machine post.. at the PowerFlash Mole detection device thread. One of my favorite posts.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 09:36:18 AM by Dave_x10_L »
Home Automation is an always changing technology

Alan V

• Helpful Post Rating: 8
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2010, 12:09:06 PM »

Does anyone have any experience with Vizio LCD televisions? Vizio has not been around a long time (less than a decade I think?), and I am wondering about reliablity history. Sams Club has a 37 inch, 1080P, 120hz refresh, Vizio LCD for under $500 which would be a nice bedroom TV.

Thanks

I have a 37 inch 1080P Vizio (but not 120Hz).  I've had no problems with it.

jeffdharlan

• Helpful Post Rating: 1
  • My home doesn't take sick days
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2010, 12:48:47 PM »

I have also heard many good things about Vizio!
What has your home done for you today?

dave w

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 139
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2010, 02:51:58 PM »

To all making Vizio comments, Thank You! Bought the 37 inch at Sams for $479. Happy with it so far.
"This aftershave makes me look fat"

HA Dave

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2010, 03:36:45 PM »

Bought the 37 inch at Sams... Happy with it so far.

It's nice the prices are falling. But the really nice part is the weight... or lack of weight. My LCD replaced and old 36 inch tube TV... that was impossible for me to carry by myself. The flat panels are so much easier to handle.

dave w

• Community Organizer
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2010, 04:18:19 PM »

Bought the 37 inch at Sams... Happy with it so far.

It's nice the prices are falling. But the really nice part is the weight... or lack of weight. My LCD replaced and old 36 inch tube TV... that was impossible for me to carry by myself. The flat panels are so much easier to handle.
Apparently plasmas use a lot glass. We have a 50 inch Samsung plasma that takes two adults and a boy to lift...I played the boy's part by carring the cord. Wife and neighbor lady got the rest.

HA Dave

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2010, 07:16:41 PM »

Apparently plasmas use a lot glass. We have a 50 inch Samsung plasma that takes two adults and a boy to lift...

Size does matter. My 42 inch LCD was easy enough for one. But it would have been nice to have a... cord holder.

beelocks

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2010, 10:07:54 PM »

The only problem I have with my 4 year old Vizio 32" is that it doesn't seem to like most pre-programmed universal remotes. Also the standard remote uses a button battery which only seem to last a week.

I know that's technically two problems, but it's been a long day.
Although my explanations may not be exactly clear, I do hope for slightly less cloudy.

dave w

• Community Organizer
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2010, 01:38:42 PM »

The only problem I have with my 4 year old Vizio 32" is that it doesn't seem to like most pre-programmed universal remotes. Also the standard remote uses a button battery which only seem to last a week.

I know that's technically two problems, but it's been a long day.
Make sure you are setting down before reading...

My Icon remote only has two Vizio codes, but the second code controls the new TV just fine.

Birdseye, this is for you; I am doing a happy feet dance with "Dwarf Cat" and "One Eye" on the bed. (there I brought cat pets, X10, and Vizio back into the thread...all at once).  -:)

birdzeye

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2010, 08:37:43 AM »

On the topic of TV's, I bought a smaller sized LCD TV a few months ago for the bedroom, and have found a dramatic increase in my hydro bill. I don't know if it's because of the TV or the fact that the cats are watching way more tv now than they used to...now that they can lounge on the bed and watch Animal Planet at the same time.... ;D

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2010, 10:29:41 AM »

My original model Icon also has two Vizio Codes and #2 works.

I think my 2.4 year old 26" Vizio LCD TV runs on a Linux Firmware Base. I know some router use Linux and you can find third party firmware for them.
Yesterday it failed to initialize on power up and there was a light Blue Screen. In the upper left corner was a sign on page for Red Hat Linux.  rofl

No I have basic cable and it was not a message from them. No Channel numbers or normal information displayed at turn on. Just the standby Amber Standby LED was off.

dave w

• Community Organizer
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2010, 04:42:04 PM »

My original model Icon also has two Vizio Codes and #2 works.

Yesterday it failed to initialize on power up and there was a light Blue Screen. In the upper left corner was a sign on page for Red Hat Linux.  rofl

No I have basic cable and it was not a message from them. No Channel numbers or normal information displayed at turn on. Just the standby Amber Standby LED was off.
Oh good, just what I want to hear. Guess I should hustle over to Sams and see if they want to sell me an extended warrenty.

Good luck on fixing yours.

pconroy

• Helpful Post Rating: 9
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2010, 05:25:53 PM »

rofl

Kind'a like flipping over every BluRay player these days and seeing "Powered by Java" on the back!

rofl

Brian H

• Community Organizer
  • Helpful Post Rating: 305
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2010, 06:11:07 PM »

In the 2.4 years since I owned it.
This is the first time it has happend that way.
Two other times it just never started. One was about a month after owning it.
So random I almost think it is a timing thing. Who beats who and almost all the time it goes as plan.

Now if I could find the interface data for the Service Connector.  :'
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 06:24:32 PM by Brian H »

birdzeye

• Helpful Post Rating: 3
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2010, 08:25:49 PM »

Once you get your Vizio codes for the remote working, you may get a little bit of a short shock...from your hydro bill....and I'm talkin' $$$ not volts!
Pages: 1 [2]

X10.com | About X10 | X10 Security Systems | Cameras| Package Deals
© Copyright 2014-2016 X10.com All rights reserved.